Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

HELP MEEEE decide what to do Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, i'm a 17 year old college student currently studying Biology Chemistry Maths and Geography alevels and i have NO clue what to do at university! I always used to be interested in veterinary but after going to a few open days ive decided it's beyond my reach. Also looked into other animal courses which interested me but there are no careers in animals i'd be interested in. I have also been interested in going into the police however i have no idea whether uni would help me get there/whether it's really for me/how you get in ect. Also been intrigued by social work or something along those lines but i don't think ive taken the right subjects to get into that. I'd quite like to take a year out travelling and gaining work experience after my alevels (june 2014) so i don't know whether this would help me to choose...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    You have the right a levels for social work but wrk experience is vital, at least 200-600+hours work experience. I'm in the same boat trying to decide what's right for me too and I'm stuck! A year out would be a good option, I went to uni but dropped out because the degree wasn't for me so now I'm taking 2 years out to get work exp and consider my options, definitely a good thing!

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.