Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

In the January exams I scored 83% in my C3 module. To get an A you need 80%+ and clearly I have scored an by the skin of my teeth. My question is, is it worth resitting C3 to net a few additional marks in the bag so it's easier to achieve an A overall. I came out of the C3 exam and I kicked myself having made so many silly slips in my workings out for 3 questions in section B. I'm not particularly interested in attaining an A* because my offer doesn't require it and if i tried to get it, my other subjects may suffer.

Sensible replies welcome.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    ................................ ............................ANYO NE?!??!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student#123)
    Hey,

In the January exams I scored 83% in my C3 module. To get an A you need 80%+ and clearly I have scored an by the skin of my teeth. My question is, is it worth resitting C3 to net a few additional marks in the bag so it's easier to achieve an A overall. I came out of the C3 exam and I kicked myself having made so many silly slips in my workings out for 3 questions in section B. I'm not particularly interested in attaining an A* because my offer doesn't require it and if i tried to get it, my other subjects may suffer.

Thank you.
    Not unless C4 is no good for you. If you're not after the A* its perhaps not worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student#123)
    Hey,

Thank you.
    What do hold from C1, C2, D1/M1/S1 last year?

If you got A's in those then there is no point resitting C3. But if you want an A overall and any of your grades are lower than that you should reconsider.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how many marks you need in C4, and if you're going for an A*. Students at our school are being encouraged to take as much pressure off of C4 as possible to prevent disappontment this late into A levels.

ReputationRep:
    Make the most of still being able to do retakes, I'm retaking C3 for a third time to try and get this A*, and C3 does seem a lot easier when you're doing C4 too, just do it, it can't go down

ReputationRep:
    A few of the teachers in my school have said that once you have done C1-3, C4 isn't too bad, and that if you did well in the first 3 modules you should be fine for an A in C4 (or at least only a few UMS under an A, still making your overall grade an A)
    Also, it depends on how well you think you will do in whatever additional module you are doing (or how well you've done, if you took that in January), because if you're only looking for an A and not an A*, its an average of all your modules so you may take some of the pressure off of Core 4 by doing well in your applied module for this year

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it's by the skin of your teeth. Just calculate what you need in the last exam to get an A overall and only you can decide the chances of you achieving that, bearing in mind you'll have to make some time to prepare for your resit which could reduce the available revision time for C4. Personally, I would say just leave it and try and do as well as you can on C4. OR resit C1/C2 instead as they are much easier than C3.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.