Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Toilet Trouble! Help is this normal Watch

ReputationRep:
    Guys, is this normal?
    I go to toilet A LOT. and by a lot i mean loads! I go before i go out twice and i go between lessons in school. im in school for 6-7 hours a day and i go about 8 or so times! Is this normal!!!!!
    People make fun of me because of it and my form tutors getting fed up of me asking if i can go to the toilet i think but i cant help it , its a habit. i just hope when i move to college people will understand this.
    But is it normal????
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harri2648)
    Guys, is this normal?
    I go to toilet A LOT. and by a lot i mean loads! I go before i go out twice and i go between lessons in school. im in school for 6-7 hours a day and i go about 8 or so times! Is this normal!!!!!
    People make fun of me because of it and my form tutors getting fed up of me asking if i can go to the toilet i think but i cant help it , its a habit. i just hope when i move to college people will understand this.
    But is it normal????
    We talking no.1 or no.2 here?
    No.1 could be in your head or maybe diabetes?
    no.2 maybe IBS?
    Or maybe stress for either?

ReputationRep:
    Ive been to the doctors and they've said ill grow out of it and its a habit. i never had it in primary school it just came when i was in year 8! Im in year 11 now so im leaving soon! The doctor also said it could be down to my schools facilities (rubbish) and that when i leave it might get better. but im just wondering if this is just me or not??? and maybe stress but i had it in year 8 and i wasnt stressed then?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, is this normal?
    But is it normal????
    Is it for liquid visits or solids?

It sounds as if you are tense and worried, do you get anxious a lot?

ReputationRep:
    Liquid
    & I do
    basically, everyone in my school has changed except a few close friends who are amazinnnggg (both boys and girls) and all my friends who have changed have ditched me for others and they make fun of me because im different to them. im anxious incase they start again

ReputationRep:
    Liquid
    & I do
    basically, everyone in my school has changed except a few close friends who are amazinnnggg (both boys and girls) and all my friends who have changed have ditched me for others and they make fun of me because im different to them. im anxious incase they start again
    Ohh, I'm sorry you're going through this. Have you got any friends left that you can be with?

What do you feel makes you 'different'?

I wouldn't worry too much about the toilet thing itself - it's just a symptom, don't struggle with yourself not to go if you feel that you need to. Anxiety can do funny things with our physical bodies, it's nothing dangerous or troubling, lots of people have a need to go when they don't really need to.

ReputationRep:
    Haha well yeah there are other friends and like i said they dont mind it!
    All of my "friends" who left me are all "drama geeks" and like really smart and im not im the opposite! I absolutely love sport so im like "sporting mad girl" and im not that smart. thats why im different.

& aah okay thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Haha well yeah there are other friends and like i said they dont mind it!
    All of my "friends" who left me are all "drama geeks" and like really smart and im not im the opposite! I absolutely love sport so im like "sporting mad girl" and im not that smart. thats why im different.

& aah okay thanks!
    Oh, OK. Can you find some more sporty people to be with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla)
    We talking no.1 or no.2 here?
    No.1 could be in your head or maybe diabetes?
    no.2 maybe IBS?
    Or maybe stress for either?
    Hello,
    Yes i think this may cause of diabetes...

ReputationRep:
    Does it happen the same when you're at home, or just when you're at school? If it does happen at home, does it get better in the holidays when you don't have to go to school for a few weeks?

If it's just in school, it's most likely due to nerves/anxiety, and it should get better when you get to college provided you feel more comfortable there.

It it happens everywhere, I would suggest you get tested for diabetes if you haven't been already. Unless you drink a lot of water as a habit (rather than because you're actually thirsty) in which case obviously you will need to pee a lot.

ReputationRep:
    No its just when im at school or in a place where im unawhere of the toilets (school trip/ foreign holiday etc.)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.