Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Justice served; Feminist fired for crying about a small joke. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Two guys made possibly juvenile jokes to each other while sitting in the audience at a conference.

This was a minor failure of manners.

A woman reacted by taking a creepshot of them, publicly shaming them on Twitter, and getting them kicked out of the room without even trying to simply talk to them. Even though she had also been making sexual jokes while at PyCon: https://twitter.com/adriarichards/st...65091791847425

And like most cyber-bullies, she felt exhilarated by her power to dispose of people she finds annoying without even having to interact with them as human beings: https://twitter.com/adriarichards/st...42430848487424

This was a failure at displaying a stable, adult personality.

The company employing one of the guys fired him. https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5398681

A father of three is out of a job because a silly joke he was telling a friend was overheard by someone with more power than sense.

And now the woman herself has been fired. Justice has been finally served best news I have heard all day.

https://twitter.com/sendgrid/status/314768776577036288

Time for men to stand up to this tumblr feminist BS.

What annoyed me the most is that when somebody over-reacts to a small joke, ruins a man's life... HE APOLOGIZES FOR IT. That's the height of feminism.

ReputationRep:
    What was the joke?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully her new job will be working in the kitchen at Burger King.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em8980)
    What was the joke?
    Made a joke about dongles.

http://butyoureagirl.com/14015/forki...h-conferences/

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick of people taking jokes so seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaelj)
    Hopefully her new job will be working in the kitchen at Burger King.
    Normally I don't like being happy at someone being fired, but this is poetic justice. Still the man who it has directly affected won't be too happy. He has lost his job which I imagine payed a decent amount and now will struggle supporting three kids.

ReputationRep:
    How offended she got depends on the nature of the joke, I suppose, but losing your job over a conversation with a friend into which somebody else eavesdropped is certainly unfair.

Jokes are jokes, and unless they're particularly disgusting or deliberately offensive (you know, jokes about child rape or jokes meant to be mean rather than funny), people should take them that way. People take things far too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Made a joke about dongles.
    Okay, I found the joke.. She's sounds like a whining idiot. No wonder she's been sacked.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like a ****.
    Some people don't know the meaning of a proportionate reaction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Normally I don't like being happy at someone being fired, but this is poetic justice. Still the man who it has directly affected won't be too happy. He has lost his job which I imagine payed a decent amount and now will struggle supporting three kids.
    Feminism in the west has just become a joke, there's no need for feminism. What do they want next? Conquest of the world? IF they care that much, they should move to the middle east but they'd just get shot down like dogs.

ReputationRep:
    Idiot, letting her personal life and social/political views become involved in her professional life.

ReputationRep:
    Great, she deserves it. Just because she finds jokes about dongles and forking to be immature or stupid doesn't mean she has reason to attack them.

ReputationRep:
    Poetic justice for an overly emotional hypocrite

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't heard about this, interesting all round.

On the tumblr comment, yeah, she does sound like one of those social justice warrior feminists. She has the view that blacks can't be racist against whites. Because racism is apparently NOT prejudice against skin colour. It's prejudice against skin colour + power. Firstly, that's bs. Secondly, even if it wasn't, why do American SJW's forget that countries other than USA exist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)
    I hadn't heard about this, interesting all round.

On the tumblr comment, yeah, she does sound like one of those social justice warrior feminists. She has the view that blacks can't be racist against whites. Because racism is apparently NOT prejudice against skin colour. It's prejudice against skin colour + power. Firstly, that's bs. Secondly, even if it wasn't, why do American SJW's forget that countries other than USA exist?
    Even then the most powerful man in USA is... Black.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    While making childish sex jokes is not exactly the best way to behave when you are representing your company in a conference filled with people from other organizations, the behavior of this woman was NOT on.

Instead of going through the proper channels to deal with the behavior, she decides to try and publicly castigate the dudes on Twitter regarding a harmless joke they made that was not sexist (or anything-ist) and not aimed at anyone. Now she has gotten a father of three fired and has lost her job over too. Good going.

Sadly that won't be the end of it - she will have to lay low for a bit because an internet ****storm has really grown over this issue, and people will be sending her threats, phone calls, etc.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wait, hang on. How was she a feminist exactly? To me she just seems like a *****.

Did I miss something? Genuinely curious. Because I know the OP just doesn't like feminism. So I'm a little skeptical whenever he mentions it.

ReputationRep:
    Good. What an oversensitive obnoxious **** that woman is.

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting and infantile way to behave. I join the unanimous condemnation. We have to stop listening to women just because they're women and rather listen to them only when they have something interesting to say, like we do with everyone else.

As a secondary issue it is essential that employers stop firing people who accidentally get shown up by the media - particularly but not exclusively when outside of work hours. Legislation needs to be put in place so that people dismissed clearly in response to a media teacup storm can win employment tribunals and therefore quell employers.

Thankfully legislation against Facebook-based discrimination has begun to catch on. Long may it continue.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, her blog is like an extract from the sodding Iliad. Her plight doesn't really hold water considering what actually happened was, a bloke giggled at a word and spoke to his friend, and she eavesdropped (amazing she could hear from all the way up there in her ivory tower) and put on such a bloody kerfuffle the organisers and even the gentleman's employers had to step in.

I hope she can't sleep tonight with the knowledge she's gotten a father of 3 fired for something completely ridiculous.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.