Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Justice served; Feminist fired for crying about a small joke. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    Can I like. Hug you? That is precisely right.
    Hugging others? Over-sexualisation of TSR! Whatever will be next? I can feel my face getting flustered. The very future of forum posting is at risk.

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by British-Student)
    Hugging others? Over-sexualisation of TSR! Whatever will be next? I can feel my face getting flustered. The very future of forum posting is at risk.

I'm sorry! You'll probably try to sue me for sexual harrassment of the entire thread no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    It annoys me that feminism is sort of used as a general reason whenever a woman does something disagreeable or dickish. Not every *****y woman is anything to do with feminism.

A remark about dongles being sexualised?! I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD FOR THIS.
    Presumably you mean 'give me head', darling? There's a good girl.

ReputationRep:
    She totally overreacted. I mean completely. That joke would have justified an eye roll at the very most.

That said, no need to tar all feminists with the same brush. People like this make me mad because they get the most publicity in the name of 'feminism', and then every woman who calls herself a feminism for just believing in equal rights gets judged to the same degree.

One woman who calls herself a feminist does a stupid thing =/= all feminists doing stupid things in the name of feminism. The Westboro Baptist Church do stupid things in the name of Christianity but that does not mean all Christians are like this. In fact, the majority aren't. Just saying.

ReputationRep:
    What does? My remark to Schichtoe or the orginal moron in the story?
    Depending on which form of feminism you are using, egalitarian (feminism) or the modern gender theory feminism. If you use the first one you really should emphasize on the egalitarian aspect, if you're the second one I probably wouldn't want to talk to you anyway.

Anyway, she has not helped women going into the tech industry at all, she's made employees even more wary if anything. She's abusing his human rights firstly and she's making female egalitarian feminists (the ones I can stand) look like misandric nutters.

And she's a moron, because she's a techie and don't even understand what forking means in that field. It's the equivalent of saying the techie in the lab will be using the centrifuge all day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    urgh...She sounds like she's on some kind of crusade. It was a harmless joke ffs. I feel sorry for the guy who lost his job, but it is poetic justice that she too got fired.

(Original post by Adria Richard's blog)
    Yesterday the future of programming was on the line and I made myself heard.
    When you have over 10,000 followers, one would assume that you would exercise some responsibility before taking a photo of two people she'd never met and publicly shaming them over a comment without context.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkAndTwisty)
    She totally overreacted. I mean completely. That joke would have justified an eye roll at the very most.

That said, no need to tar all feminists with the same brush. People like this make me mad because they get the most publicity in the name of 'feminism', and then every woman who calls herself a feminism for just believing in equal rights gets judged to the same degree.

One woman who calls herself a feminist does a stupid thing =/= all feminists doing stupid things in the name of feminism. The Westboro Baptist Church do stupid things in the name of Christianity but that does not mean all Christians are like this. In fact, the majority aren't. Just saying.
    Don't worry, not all men assume women are all crazy because of a few right-wing nutjobs. Feminism's principles are all perfectly valid and I applaud people who seek change, but of course a few bad apples often spoils the barrel.

ReputationRep:
    Can I like. Hug you? That is precisely right.
    Made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    I hope she gets lost in a desert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Two guys made possibly juvenile jokes to each other while sitting in the audience at a conference.

This was a minor failure of manners.

A woman reacted by taking a creepshot of them, publicly shaming them on Twitter, and getting them kicked out of the room without even trying to simply talk to them. Even though she had also been making sexual jokes while at PyCon: https://twitter.com/adriarichards/st...65091791847425

And like most cyber-bullies, she felt exhilarated by her power to dispose of people she finds annoying without even having to interact with them as human beings: https://twitter.com/adriarichards/st...42430848487424

This was a failure at displaying a stable, adult personality.

The company employing one of the guys fired him. https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5398681

A father of three is out of a job because a silly joke he was telling a friend was overheard by someone with more power than sense.

And now the woman herself has been fired. Justice has been finally served best news I have heard all day.

https://twitter.com/sendgrid/status/314768776577036288

Time for men to stand up to this tumblr feminist BS.

What annoyed me the most is that when somebody over-reacts to a small joke, ruins a man's life... HE APOLOGIZES FOR IT. That's the height of feminism.
    "Please rate some more members before rating this member again."

GODDAMMIT!

ReputationRep:
    That's not feminism.

That's one stupid woman.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, hang on. How was she a feminist exactly? To me she just seems like a *****.
    lol there's a difference?

ReputationRep:
    Being fired because you're a boring crybaby is about as bad as being fired for making the jokes. The real tragedy is that businesses will fire people over utterly trivial things and the clear erosion of worker's rights that allows them to get away with it.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    lol there's a difference?
    Nice try.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.