The Student Room Group

WJEC AS French Speaking FN2

Hi,
Has anyone got any advice for the French speaking exam? How much preparation did you do for the cards or the general conversation (my general conversation at the minute won't last long enough, but have ran out of things to say - have done school, hobbies, 'future plans' :confused: ) I know spontaneity is important, but feel like I need to do some preparation...
Thanks for any help :smile:
Original post by Vernish
Hi,
Has anyone got any advice for the French speaking exam? How much preparation did you do for the cards or the general conversation (my general conversation at the minute won't last long enough, but have ran out of things to say - have done school, hobbies, 'future plans' :confused: ) I know spontaneity is important, but feel like I need to do some preparation...
Thanks for any help :smile:

Same situation as you:/ mine is on April 22nd
Reply 3
I'm on May 7th, so have got a bit longer than you two :P
For the cards, I'm collecting vocab, kind of thinking of directions to take the conversation (some of the past papers - what is there to say about McDonalds?!) - does anyone know if they care if you stay on topic or not? Or is it purely the French they're assessing? I might be okay if I can just go off on random tangents.
I agree total with above post. The cards are just stupid. My exam is on Tuesday and I have the same problem as the op I don't know how to prepare. Any ideas guys??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Gahhh, April 29th D: although I'm more scared of the the written paper than the oral!
Same! My oral wasn't too bad but now I'm majorly panicking about the written :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My oral exam is on May 14th and I'm second to last I think :/ Quite scared, especially since all I do is sit there in practices going 'uuuhhh je pense que...' But for my exam, I've been speaking french (badly) with my friends and listening to French music and doing the exercises in my book again :s-smilie: It's different for everyone and I can't say if it's good or bad because my mock is next week!! I'll find out then :frown: I've been doing well on my reading/listening practices. I think it really is just a question of knowing vocab, grammar and fluency.
Reply 8
I had mine 2 weeks ago, it went well in my opinion. I got the racism card which tied in perfectly with my presentation of illegal immigration in nord pas de calais. The follow up discussion was just something of a regular debate on immigration, the EU and how we need to leave it etc. I think i may have repeated nous avons besion but as long as you have a good grasp of the topic you'll be fine.
Mine was yesterday. I got a card on the point of nursery and the difference between team and individual sports. It wasn't too bad but I wasn't keen on the examiner. He kept interrupting me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest