Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Dm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Makaveli)
    Hey gys, i've been looking into courses (I'm in Year 12 and i've found Automotive Engineering really appealing.)

The problem is i am not doing Maths as an A Level (or Physics)

As Unis are asking AAA-should i just aim for that in my current subjects and apply nonetheless?

Also could i get onto a foundation year if im doing the other sciences and IT?
    You'll definitely need maths at A2 for automotive engineering. You'll be able to get away with the physics but maths is a must. Are you able to pick up the extra a-level next year? This would be your best bet if you have your heart set on Automotive. Good luck!

And i must admit, i'm a little ignorant when it comes to foundation years but I believe you'd still need to have some sort of maths thing going on to be eligible. Check the UCAS website to be sure - 'course specific requirements'.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.