Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

What will happen if North Korea starts attacking America? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering, is it likely to happen? Will it just be a little war, or will it be a big one (world war or something?)

(Obviously I know nothing about this kinda stuff, but i'm just wondering)

ReputationRep:
    Why will they just start attacking America?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden_Boy786)
    Why will they just start attacking America?
    Legit question: Do you watch the news or otherwise keep up with the world's current affairs?

You know, because North Korea have been threatening America for some time now.

http://news.sky.com/story/1067695/no...eat-to-america

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing it'll be the UN jumping in to attempt peace by putting an embargo on N.Korea (if they were the aggressors). Then there will be public protests in the USA to retaliate and cause political pressure.

Eventually there will be (I think) two options: either the USA attack back and countries join in an alliance like communists against the capitalists or USA don't retaliate whatsoever and have the diplomatic ceasefire.

ReputationRep:
    WW3
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    WW3
    Or not. North Korea does not have the allies or support to start a world war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razzamoly)
    Legit question: Do you watch the news or otherwise keep up with the world's current affairs?

North Korea has been threatening the whole world for decades in an attempt to secure humanitarian/financial aid. The current rhetoric, while definitely an escalation, is not a case for grave concern. However, as you might have noticed, precautionary measures are being implemented in the US (the anti-ICBM capacity is being expanded).

I don't think they have the resources to attack anyone. They also lack military technology.

ReputationRep:
    North Korea gets wiped off the map. They're communists, not idiots, it ain't gonna happen.

ReputationRep:

NK like to posture. I would be very surprised if they attacked anyone out of their own initiative.

They know russia and china will not back them up as they would be against the UN, it would be suicide.

ReputationRep:
    Unlikely to ever happen. Well conventionally anyway. Terrorism/ state funded terrorism and/ or cyber warfare is more likely, but again probably won't happen on a huge scale.

ReputationRep:
    The key word there is threatening, they don't have the capability to attack america directly at the moment or the allies to cross the DMZ.

In five years time they will probably still be making vague threats of worldwide destruction, unless the regime collapses.

ReputationRep:
    Either way it will be messy and long fought out campaign if there is a conflict

ReputationRep:
    America and South Korea attack the North, annihilate their troops after several weeks/months, then have a starving country to look after, which is assimilated into SK and possibly China.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    I'm guessing it'll be the UN jumping in to attempt peace by putting an embargo on N.Korea (if they were the aggressors). Then there will be public protests in the USA to retaliate and cause political pressure.

Eventually there will be (I think) two options: either the USA attack back and countries join in an alliance like communists against the capitalists or USA don't retaliate whatsoever and have the diplomatic ceasefire.
    No way is the United States ever under any circumstances going to sit back and take an attack without retaliation.

ReputationRep:

I love how condescending you are being to an otherwise legitimate, strategic question.

ReputationRep:
    Strategically impossible. They'd have to deal with the DMZ and Japan on its eastern coast first before it can even begin to cross thousands of miles of sea to get to America.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever seen a cat catch a field mouse?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully the swift removal of dprk from the map, they're thoroughly irritating little buggers led by a chubby little napoleon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    they're thoroughly irritating little buggers led by a chubby little napoleon.
    If they were led by a Napoleon their country would have become wealthy and efficiently organised and they'd have conquered most of Asia instead of masturbating in a corner over broken dreams of world domination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuerin)
    If they were led by a Napoleon their country would have become wealthy and efficiently organised and they'd have conquered most of Asia instead of masturbating in a corner over broken dreams of world domination.
    I was more talking about his short man syndrome but point taken...

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.