Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    This is just an idea I'm kicking around right now so I literally haven't started doing research yet, but the voluntary work I was looking at doing for the last few months of my gap year has fallen through and I now have the opportunity to stay with a friend in Thailand and then carry on to Australia to stay with another friend. I'm seriously considering looking into it as honestly, when else am I going to get to throw my hands up and do something like this?

That brings me to this thread though. I have no idea where to start with planning something like this. I didn't even really think travelling was something I wanted until the opportunity was staring me in the face. I wouldn't have to pay for accommodation at all, just flights and money for myself while I'm there. I'd have to get from Bristol here in the UK, to Thailand, and then eventually to Brisbane. (Although Thailand is the more sure-fire of the two; there are a lot more kinks to be worked out with Australia because of who I'd be staying with).

How much money would I be looking at spending to do something like this do you think? And where do I start in terms of looking for flights etc? Because this is just a seed of an idea right now I'm really not sure of any details, so I suppose I'm just looking for words of wisdom in the hopes that some of you might be able to give me some insights!

Thanks in advance!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.