Original post by Satanel
Are questions such as the following...

"Give two reasons to justify the use of statistical models."

... still in the specification? :eek:

Unfortunately, yes :frown:
Reply 361
Original post by usycool1
Unfortunately, yes :frown:

Oh dear, my teacher must have completely missed it.

Is it just, like, "to adapt to real life situations"? I don't really know. Help! :tongue:
Reply 362
Hi guys, does anyone know if we need to remember the formula for discrete uniform distribution? Because we could use normal discrete distribution formula to find the answer too. But is there any past paper that said we MUST to use discrete uniforms formula? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 363
Original post by May-o2q
Hi guys, does anyone know if we need to remember the formula for discrete uniform distribution? Because we could use normal discrete distribution formula to find the answer too. But is there any past paper that said we MUST to use discrete uniforms formula? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can use random distribution methods for discrete uniform distribution too. However, we might be asked a question where there are way too many numbers and it would take you 20 minutes to calculate all of it so we would have to use n+1/2 or (n+1)(n-1)/12.
Original post by Satanel

Is it just, like, "to adapt to real life situations"? I don't really know. Help! :tongue:

Do you have the textbook? It's on page 2. Basically they allow predictions to be made on real life situations, they improve our understanding of those real life probs, simplify a complex situation....:smile:
Reply 365
Original post by Air1337
You can use random distribution methods for discrete uniform distribution too. However, we might be asked a question where there are way too many numbers and it would take you 20 minutes to calculate all of it so we would have to use n+1/2 or (n+1)(n-1)/12.

Oh alright, thx u!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 366
Original post by Fortitude
Do you have the textbook? It's on page 2. Basically they allow predictions to be made on real life situations, they improve our understanding of those real life probs, simplify a complex situation....:smile:

Aah, okay. Thanks! :cool:
What is and what is not affected by coding?
Regression Line
Standard Deviation
Mean?
Original post by librastar28
What is and what is not affected by coding?
Regression Line

Is affected by coding.

Standard Deviation

Only multiplying/dividing it affects is.

Mean?

Is affected. :yep:

Also:

The PMCC is not affected by coding. :nah:
Original post by hello.cupcake
Okay okay, this is much more helpful! How do you work out the union? I don't get it :frown: like once I have the initial probabilities, the rest is eàsy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

it tells you that 40% don't read newspapers at all - so the union is everybody that reads A newspaper of some description ( in this case quality or tabloid as they are the only two newspapers given ) hence 1 - 0.40 = 0.60 which is the union :smile:
Is affected by coding.

Also:

whats the PMCC :colondollar:
Original post by Satanel

Have a look at Arsey's notes: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1619124&p=31101338#post31101338 (take a look at the first one).
Original post by Fas
whats the PMCC :colondollar:

The Product Moment Correlation Coefficient. :smile:
Reply 373
Seriously feeling like I'm gonna fail this exam :frown: got a u on the January 2013 paper
Reply 374
If someone has done June 2012- how do you do question 5 a) when you dont have the FD?
Is affected by coding.

Also:

Thx :smile:
Reply 376
Have a look at Arsey's notes: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1619124&p=31101338#post31101338 (take a look at the first one).

Ooh, that's very helpful! Thank you. :smile:
The Product Moment Correlation Coefficient. :smile:

oh yeah ! sorry haha i was having my daily blonde moment :tongue:
Original post by simonb451
If someone has done June 2012- how do you do question 5 a) when you dont have the FD?

add up all the squares covered by the bars - divide 450 ( i think its that ) by the number of squares to get the number of cars per square - then its very easy from then onwards :smile:
Original post by simonb451

You have to find the total areas of all the bar, then do 450 divided by that - this will show you what frequency each square represents

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending