• Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Secret.)
    Just to clarify is this correct?

Attachment 216422
    No. :no:

That's P(A \cap B')

P(A \cup B') is not B together with A. So you add all the regions outside B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    No. :no:

That's P(A \cap B')

P(A \cup B') is not B together with A. So you add all the regions outside B.
    Including the intersection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    add up all the squares covered by the bars - divide 450 ( i think its that ) by the number of squares to get the number of cars per square - then its very easy from then onwards
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip345)
    You have to find the total areas of all the bar, then do 450 divided by that - this will show you what frequency each square represents
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello.cupcake)
    Eureka!!! Thank you so much, maths genius! You've saved my Maths life
    I'm still feeling a little hopeless for this exam hope I'm not the only one!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hahahaha thank you , but im really not THAT good

i was in the same position as you on Tuesday - probability and Normal Distribution were ( at that time ) concepts which i couldn't grasp

im still feeling very shaky on the harder normal distribution , but seem to have got everything else - you will be fine , the paper isn't going to be bad as January's was a nightmare !! you'll do well

ReputationRep:
    How does coding effect Sxx or Syy or Sxy??
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Air1337)
    Including the intersection?
    Yep :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully tomorrow's paper doesn't have any Histograms in it. That's the only question I've been dropping marks on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreayshawn)
    is the type of probability distribution we are going to be looking at always Discrete Uniform distribution?
    No. Discrete Uniform Distribution is when the probability of every individual event occurring is the same.

Basically with the probability distribution table the values for 1, 2, 3, 4 etc are the same. 0.2, 0.2, 0.2, 0.2 etc. Remember they still must add up to 1.

ReputationRep:
    can someone please tell me what P([B \cup C]') means please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3.1415927)
    How does coding effect Sxx or Syy or Sxy??
    Coding doesn't effect Sxx Syy or Sxy I think Good Luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Heya guys, can someone please help me with how to find the normal distribution in between two variables. So for example say if the mean was 50 (completely making this up, so please don't bother solving it as I don't even know if it's solvable) and so you had to find the probability between 40 and 80. What's the method of going about this? Cheers guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jadecross)
    can someone please tell me what P([BUC]') means please?
    probability of b and c not occurring I think.

ReputationRep:
    Also so what do we need to know about coding? The fact it doesn't affect PMCC and standard deviation is only affected by multiplying and dividing, is that it?

ReputationRep:
    If you're interpolating to find the median in a frequency table, do you do n/2 or (n+1)/2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alygirl)
    Heya guys, can someone please help me with how to find the normal distribution in between two variables. So for example say if the mean was 50 (completely making this up, so please don't bother solving it as I don't even know if it's solvable) and so you had to find the probability between 40 and 80. What's the method of going about this? Cheers guys.
    draw your curve, it'll be the area between the two. Then work out the P(x<80) - P(x<40) to find the probability of the area inbetween.

ReputationRep:
    can someone please tell me what P([B U C]') means please?
    Firstly you need to find (BUC) which is P(A) + P(B) - P(BNC) then you do 1 - P(BNC) and that should give you the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicmuggle)
    If you're interpolating to find the mean in a frequency table, do you do n/2 or (n+1)/2?
    Its usually (n+1)/2 for frequency tables

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prabin)
    Hopefully tomorrow's paper doesn't have any Histograms in it. That's the only question I've been dropping marks on!
    Yes same! those questions are a pain in the backside :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    can someone please tell me what P([B \cup C]') means please?
    Same as P(B' n C') so everything outside of B and C.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.