The Student Room Group

Edexcel S1 A Level Maths

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
How is everyone preparing for S1 on Friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
I'm so not ready

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Need help on how to revise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moismail
How is everyone preparing for S1 on Friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Past papers, including the solomon ones :smile:
How's the revision going?
Hate stats so much :unimpressed:
Am I the only one who thought Jan's paper was ridiculously hard?
Reply 45
Just working through it, you're not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mynameisntbobk

nope i thought it was a bitch of a paper haha
Original post by Fas
nope i thought it was a bitch of a paper haha

I was going through it thinking I had done good, maybe dropping 1 or 2 marks, I dropped almost half of them. That conditional normal distribution question was horrible and the question on the dice and coin was worded really bad
I was going through it thinking I had done good, maybe dropping 1 or 2 marks, I dropped almost half of them. That conditional normal distribution question was horrible and the question on the dice and coin was worded really bad

yeah know what you mean for the dice and coin one ! although i managed to get that one haha , that conditional probability was ****ing difficult lol

im predicting this one to be quite easy - mainly cos if January's was very difficult , then hopefully this one is a bit easier :smile:
Reply 49
hey peoples, I think im ready but I have economics on friday 2 :/ so its split revison haha

if this helps any of you: 20130413_160108.jpg 20130413_155934.jpg

YEAH, because c1 was really hard in jan (according to many, not me) this years C1 was pretty easy :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Fas
yeah know what you mean for the dice and coin one ! although i managed to get that one haha , that conditional probability was ****ing difficult lol

im predicting this one to be quite easy - mainly cos if January's was very difficult , then hopefully this one is a bit easier :smile:

That's good, you don't even want to know what I did haha, it really was, the mark scheme made no sense as well

That's what I was thinking, and I'm currently holding unto that in hope

Original post by tigerz
hey peoples, I think im ready but I have economics on friday 2 :/ so its split revison haha

YEAH, because c1 was really hard in jan (according to many, not me) this years C1 was pretty easy :P

Good luck for both, I know a lot of people in your shoes

By the way, those pictures were great :smile: +1rep
Reply 51
Original post by tigerz

Amazing notes right there, thanks.
Reply 52
haha thank you :biggrin:
good luck for s1!!

I dislike the question where you have count all the squares in a histogram :/ and probability in general is annoying
Reply 53
Friday will probably be the single hardest day of my life - S1 and D1 together! What were Edexcel thinking :redface:
Reply 54
Past 4 papers have been 61 (3 times) & 60 (once) for an A. They all have been quite tricky, with one or two ridiculous questions. Jan 13 I tried the other day was ridiculous. That conditional probability normal distribution. I've never come across that before!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 55
Hopefully i get 85 UMS in s1 on friday so it that lets me get a C in c4 and get my A :/
Reply 56
I'm hoping that means the exam should be easy on Friday, but you never know with edexcel..

Tbh, I think I know my stuff, I just know I make stupid mistakes and sometimes always flop probability :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57

i just did jan 2013 today as my mock and it was so hard.

I'm fine on C1 and C2 but S1 -_- grrrr
Reply 58
does anyone have link to the very old papers????
Original post by lebron_23
Friday will probably be the single hardest day of my life - S1 and D1 together! What were Edexcel thinking :redface:

You have nothing on me mate: Stats, Decision, Economics, Politics. All 1.5 hours long. 6 hours of exams in one day. That is my Friday. ****ing myself about it.

I'm counting on Stats or Decision. Mechanics was horrid yesterday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending