The Student Room Group

Edexcel S1 A Level Maths

Scroll to see replies

I am going to fail stats ! :redface:
Another question, not maths related haha, but will we be penalised for drawing diagrams / charts in pen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 622
Original post by OllieGCSEs
Another question, not maths related haha, but will we be penalised for drawing diagrams / charts in pen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No of course not. But it's best to do it in pencil if you make a mistake you can easily rub it out.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nathan0012
3 significant figures, good luck for tomorrow, I hope you don't make any silly mistakes, it seems to be all I'm doing as well :redface:

ah ok :smile: yeah you too , hahaha same i keep doing them ! the worst bit is if you make it early on your totally ****ed for the latter parts of the question !!
Original post by Prabin
If they say Q3 = x, then you know that probability of z being less than x is 0.75 because Q3 = 75%

If they tell you Q1 = x, probability of z being less than x is 0.25 as Q1 is 25% and then you read z values off the tables :smile:

Ahh okay thank you :wink: Good luck for tomorrow!
I need help ! :'S

basically, you know when they are asking to find the width and length for any specific bar in the histogram, is there any formula that? Please help :frown:
Original post by Geassuser

basically, you know when they are asking to find the width and length for any specific bar in the histogram, is there any formula that? Please help :frown:

You have to use ratios :smile: common sense really

Posted from TSR Mobile

width1/width2 = class width1/class width2

height1/height2 = frequency density1/frequency density2
Original post by That_Clever_Guy
You have to use ratios :smile: common sense really

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you help me answer this question please? :biggrin:

width is basically a ratio/proportion of class width. So if the class width for a given group was 10 and the width was 5 , and it asks you to find width for a group with class width of 5 - then the width would be 2.5 ( because 5( new class width) is a half of 10 ( original class width) so the width of the new group must be half of 5 - the original width )
Original post by Nathan0012
width1/width2 = class width1/class width2

height1/height2 = frequency density1/frequency density2

I applied the width formula for this question, and Got the width as 3. But the mark scheme says 4. Did I apply it wrong? Really confused

OH I GOT IT. Made a silly mistake -_- Thank you so much. Those formulas are amazing =D !
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey guys what does interpolation means
we use interpolation to find quartiles from a group frequency distribution table
Looks like some of you are gonna be doing an all nighter. It's a morning exam so maybe it is possible :/

You guys need some sleep though :tongue:

Best of luck guys, make TSR proud.
Reply 634
Original post by James A
Looks like some of you are gonna be doing an all nighter. It's a morning exam so maybe it is possible :/

You guys need some sleep though :tongue:

Best of luck guys, make TSR proud.

That really isn't advisable though, please don't pull an all-nighter, guys! Wake up early to revise if you have to, but you do need some sleep! This isn't a science exam, where pulling an all-nighter to cram can be effective. For maths, it's imperative that your brains are functioning as well as possible!
Reply 636
for Q3C Soloman F s1 i thought it would be 0.2483^2 then multiply by 0.7517 ( ie certificate, certificate, no certificate)
Original post by justinawe
That really isn't advisable though, please don't pull an all-nighter, guys! Wake up early to revise if you have to, but you do need some sleep! This isn't a science exam, where pulling an all-nighter to cram can be effective. For maths, it's imperative that your brains are functioning as well as possible!

smh
why is my message deleted
Reply 639
btw who is doing an all nighter??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending