Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I complete and utterly monged out on the F(Y) question, cya 8 marks, christ im gonna be sick

ReputationRep:
    my GOOOOOOOD that was hard.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    The Venn diagram???

ReputationRep:
    venn diagram was weiiiiiirddd !! apart from that, it was okay

ReputationRep:
    Venn diagram : what I drew : a circle in the middle representing B .... and 3 circles around B (F,H, C) intersecting it ... and F, H and C don't intersect.. i dont remember the values in them though

ReputationRep:
    Okay. Could have been worse.

I want to know if I got my venn diagram right though....

Come on Arsey!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    The first 4 questions were very easy I though, then came the 5th I did most of it but got stuck on the last one. The 6th was probably the hardest normal distribution I've seen, I don't know about others though.

BTW, what did you guys do for the Venn Diagram?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandrabondaruk)
    What the hell was that Venn diagram question about?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher said it included 5 circles. One in the middle and the other four on the sides..... a lot for 4 four marks

ReputationRep:
    think for the venn diagram you just had to draw B in middle, having three other sets overlapping with B but not with each other. does that sound right?

ReputationRep:
    Paper was alright except some silly mistakes i made because i didn't get time to check over the paper :/

ReputationRep:
    This paper traumatised pretty much everyone at my college. Personally I didn't think it was horrifically difficult overall, besides one or two questions, but I found it took me FAR longer than any of the practise papers. I'm sure I've missed out marks because I didn't have enough time to thoroughly check everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HQazi)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher said it included 5 circles. One in the middle and the other four on the sides..... a lot for 4 four marks
    your teacher isn't very good at stats then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zubhav)
    Venn diagram : what I drew : a circle in the middle representing B .... and 3 circles around B (F,H, C) intersecting it ... and F, H and C don't intersect.. i dont remember the values in them though
    Thank ****! That's what I did, I spent around 10 minutes trying to figure it out.

ReputationRep:
    Tough but on the whole pretty manageable.

No idea with the Venn Diagram question, however.

ReputationRep:
    I had that, and the middle of the B circle not overlapping had 0 in

I remember one overlap had 16 in...I think.... And one had 35 maybe? I really can't remember

I remember by probability of the bus came to 1/4 though

But yes I did the same as you for the venn diagram

ReputationRep:
    That paper was nothing short of horrific.
    I think I'd be lucky to get a C.

ReputationRep:
    i did thatt and then half way i gave up because i thought i was wrong probz got 2/4 marks in that then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    I had that, and the middle of the B circle not overlapping had 0 in

I remember one overlap had 16 in...I think.... And one had 35 maybe? I really can't remember

I remember by probability of the bus came to 1/4 though

I think it was something like 16,33 and 20something.

ReputationRep:
    Minus that dang Venn Diagram and my retarded mistake on the cumulative distribution question I thought that was a pretty good paper

ReputationRep:
    Thought the paper was generally alright!

Although the examiners try to choke you with some questions: the Venn diagram and 6)c) (normal distribution) were right ********! :rant:

Hopefully the mark scheme will be up soon!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 31, 2013
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.