Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by DirectTuition)
    I have made a video explaining Question 3 on Venn Diagrams for some of my students, maybe this will be helpful for some of you.

Hi, D.T.

Isn't a bit strange to add up the six figures and subtract from 200 to show that the last 2 areas have frequency zero? We were told right at the start that everyone was either full-time, part-time or contract staff, so if we are following usual Edexcel practice of drawing Euler diagrams instead of proper Venn diagrams*, we shouldn't draw any zone which isn't in either F, H or C in the first place.

I've discussed the question here: https://app.sugarsync.com/iris/wf/D1...9005673_66703\ in S1 2013_06 MAD Phil ans

Cheers, Ken.

*which would require 16 zones, 10 of which would be labelled as empty
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.