Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

So....there's this guy...... Watch

ReputationRep:
    So....there's this guy, who. Is, to put it bluntly, gorgeous. I wouldn't say I am ugly, but I am far from his league. However, I met him at a party and we hit it off STRAIGHT away. There were so many pretty girls at the party interested in him, and he ignored all of them to talk to me.....I just can't get my head around why he would go for me. It's not like I'm easy, because I'm not, because I don't want anything and he didn't either. He opened up to me that night and told me he was a virgin, which many people would laugh at, but I found it really cute. My friends just say I'm being stupid and that I'm not as ugly as I think I am, but he even said I wasn't his normal type. I'm more one of those, sporty gamer girls that watches family guy and plays fifa and CoD.

ANYWAY, what do you actually think his intentions are, because, he added me on Facebook that night and contacted me! And gave me HIS number, and hasn't stopped texting me since. But, do you think I should just stop now to avoid disappointment Because, he is so gorgeous, and I'm just not his kinda girl, which he even admitted. But if he likes me, should I look past if we are visually compatible or not? HELP.

ReputationRep:
    'Visually compatible' means nothing. I'm fairly sure I've dated a few girls out of my league and I've sometimes been told I've been batting below my average. The thing all these girls have had in common are they're fun to be with and they were self confident.

Of course, giving advice on these things is difficult over the internet because I haven't seen any of it in real life. I can't read his body language from behind my keyboard or hear his tone of voice. You have to play it by ear. If you think you've got a chance of it, give it a swing and see what happens.

If I was any judge of character, he sounds like he's on the fence about you. You're not his usual type, but he's clearly enjoying talking with you. Try giving him a little shove on to your side of the fence

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.