Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Girls, how would you want a guy to tell you he likes you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Especially if you're shy or reserved?

ReputationRep:
    By asking me out / getting my phone number.

ReputationRep:
    By opening his mouth and producing his voice.

ReputationRep:
    "I like you"

ReputationRep:
    Callin her everyday. Texting is for wimps.

She will take it in the head that he is calling her only because he "likes" her.

ReputationRep:
    In private. When we're having a conversation

ReputationRep:
    In klingon.

ReputationRep:
    If he can tell that I like him, by giving me a kiss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    I'm usually a fairly reserved guy, but I've always made a rule out of doing it in person, despite how terrifying I find it sometimes. When you see someone every day but choose to send a text to ask her out, it sends out the wrong signal. Of course, it's hard to get a girl on their own sometimes.

But there's your answer. Face to face, and preferably with some sort of compliment involved to get you on the right track.

"Hey, you're looking good. Do you fancy catching a movie/a coffee/dinner sometime? I heard the cinema was showing V for Vendetta/a new cafe was opening on X street/Ferkles' Bar and Grill does an amazing steak."

Oh, and keep it short. Once you've made your intentions clear, leave it at that.

ReputationRep:
    start off with a smile, erm tell your mates to tell her, she might come up to you herself then

ReputationRep:
    I'm no girl but I can't help but think that getting to know the person and telling them that you like them would be the easiest/nicest/most honest way?

ReputationRep:
    by NOT asking your friend to tell her you like her. Thats just plain lazy.

ReputationRep:
    On a white horse with flowers.

ReputationRep:
    In the most honest way possible I guess, away from other people, that way you can have a proper conversation about it oh and it helps if you are sober, otherwise they may just take it as a joke

ReputationRep:
    Just be like

"hey I just met you..

and this crazy..

I like you a lot..

so call me maybe?"

... no I don't know.. maybe if a guy just said it aloud.. but dont be some creep and go up to some random girl and say "I like you "..

I think you need to get to know her before you say that stuff..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    Just by simply saying I like you, but don't pour your heart out unless you know the other person feels the same way. In my personal opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    I'd like him just to ask me out. I think it's so sexy and shows confidence and takes guts. And that's impressive! I'd prefer that to the whole 'I fancy you' or 'I have feelings for you'

Just ask her out for coffee or the cinema or drinks and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    'I was wondering if maybe you'd like to get together and go for dinner/movie/drinks some time?

ReputationRep:
    Prefer them to just tell me outright, I'm really bad at reading other people so probably wouldn't have a clue otherwise :/

ReputationRep:
    The best way for a guy to let a girl know that he likes her, is too touch himself in public so she and all her friends can see.

:sexface: :perv:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.