Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Clothes whats in your wardrobe Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, it seems that I am forever buying clothes and cleaning out my bank account doing so. But for all my shopping I NEVER have anything to ware so I ware the same outfits all the time.
    I was wandering how much clothes other people have? (Girls in particular) What is the least amount of clothes you need to survive in uni and still look fashionable. What are wardrobe essentials?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's always the case with me too, everytime I go out I buy clothes and I shop soo much online yet i always have nothing to wear!!

ReputationRep:
    So glad it's not just me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try buying a range of different accessories as it will enhance your outfit as well as colour co-ordinating with different jewellery. Also, for the clothes issue, try buying more cheaper clothes instead of expensive and find clothes that appeal to your body.

ReputationRep:
    3 pairs of skinnies
    5 t-shirts
    3 sweaters
    1 pair of shoes
    2 beanies (optional)
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Name:  35ayd0.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  41.4 KB

Maybe 10 outfits is the least you need to always look fashionable, and just make sure you don't allow tagging on facebook so you don't get caught in the same clothes twice.

ReputationRep:
    I try to 'invest' in staples such as jeans, jackets, blazers, coats. And then go cheaper on tops/t-shirts, cardigans and costume jewellery so you can jazz up regular outfits. You can buy the cheaper fashionable clothes to keep on trend.

Also, think of your colour pallet of your staples when you buy things. What does it go with, what colour jewellery would I wear? Although be warned if you really want something this could force you to buy other things in the shop to go with it.

I love those things in magazines where they have a few different clothes and show all the combinations they can be worn in. Try and think of that as well!

ReputationRep:
    I used to be like this, but I've started thinking when I go shopping, and if I can't pair the new item with at least 3 different outfits/things I already own, then I generally don't buy it (this doesn't always work, I'm not that good!).

Spoiler:
    Show

I still have nothing to wear though

ReputationRep:
    Everyone should get together and have a shopping spree. Thrifty of course haha

ReputationRep:
    Mainly my underwear, jeans, t-shirts and hoodies. I'm such a tomboy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGoonerGirl)
    Mainly my underwear, jeans, t-shirts and hoodies. I'm such a tomboy.

There's nothing wrong with that!

ReputationRep:
    I sometime swap clothes with my best friend! but I know what you mean, I seem to have so many clothes in my wardrobe but I often encounter that problem of "I got nothing to wear!"

ReputationRep:
    I have staples and then replenish by bargain-hunting. Just bought a gorgeous maxi dress for £5

ReputationRep:
    same... i dont have anything to wear boohoo..

when is it time to bring out the t-shirts.. I'm fed up with wooly jumpers now!

ReputationRep:
    Not a lot of clothes to be honest... I make a useless girl!

ReputationRep:
    10-20 tops, around 15 skirts, 2 pairs of jeans and 20 pairs of shoes.

I spend a lot on shoes actually. I'm trying to stop but so many colours and styles... :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I feel slightly strange that this thread is full of females, yet I can still fully relate... ahaha

ReputationRep:
    I have about 50-60 band t-shirts that I pick up at gigs, so...

ReputationRep:
    I have:

5 pairs of jeans
    7 jumpers
    5 pairs of leggings
    around 15 tshirts (Mainly band tshirts, some vest tops, some long sleeved)
    3 flannel shirts (mens)
    2 denim shirts
    3 dresses (1 casual, 2 going out dresses)
    3 zip up hoodies

I found that my biggest money sink was in places like primark and H&M, where I would constantly buy low quality impulse buys that I would rarely wear. Now I save up a bit and buy things after a lot of consideration either online or in more expensive places like urban outfitters or topshop, as I find that if I'm spending more money on an item, I have to be sure that I really want it, and that I'll really wear it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)

I found that my biggest money sink was in places like primark and H&M, where I would constantly buy low quality impulse buys that I would rarely wear. Now I save up a bit and buy things after a lot of consideration either online or in more expensive places like urban outfitters or topshop, as I find that if I'm spending more money on an item, I have to be sure that I really want it, and that I'll really wear it.
    That's a really good idea, might try it.

I wear mostly jeans so I have soooo many pairs, and I can just change the look with jewellery (I don't wear any on a regular day), different colour tops and cardigans/jumpers/hoodies and one of my few pairs of shoes for different occasions and places (:

I've also found I've become quite addicted to eBay recently... ):

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.