Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

So, I want to do Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics however Chemistry and Maths clash on my school's timetable meaning I would have to switch Economics unless I'm able to hassle them enough to change it. My options to switch to are Physics or Further Maths. Physics I don't particularly enjoy but am very good at. Maths just seems to click with me but again not a subject I particularly enjoy.

Opinion guys?

ReputationRep:
    Hi . I took maths, further maths, chemistry and physics.
    I completely sympathise with you there, I wanted to take computing instead of further maths but unfortunately that clashed with chemistry
    i would say, definitely don't take further maths unless you genuinely enjoy maths
    Physics isn't too bad it's actually my easiest subject ATM, so if you do have to pick one, I would recommend physics.
    There is no harm asking though, you never know, if there are a lot of people who want to do the same as you they may change it!
    (They almost did this at my school, we would have needed 10 people in the class to make this change, but unfortunately we only had 9- how unfair!)
    Anyways good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pwips)
    Hi there!

So, I want to do Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics however Chemistry and Maths clash on my school's timetable meaning I would have to switch Economics unless I'm able to hassle them enough to change it. My options to switch to are Physics or Further Maths. Physics I don't particularly enjoy but am very good at. Maths just seems to click with me but again not a subject I particularly enjoy.

Opinion guys?
    So people at your school can't take Chemistry and Maths together? That sounds really weird to me, the majority of people who are doing Chemistry do Maths as well, it's a pretty popular combination. I'm sure there's quite a few other people at your school who also want to take both Maths and Chemistry? You should definitely try and get them to change it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    So people at your school can't take Chemistry and Maths together? That sounds really weird to me, the majority of people who are doing Chemistry do Maths as well, it's a pretty popular combination. I'm sure there's quite a few other people at your school who also want to take both Maths and Chemistry? You should definitely try and get them to change it.
    Its not maths that's clashing it's Economics, it's just a choice between switching economics for with further maths or physics

Thanks for you opinions guys!

ReputationRep:
    If you're doing well at physics at GCSE then you should be able to do well at A Level but I find it's the hardest of my subjects as there's definitely a noticeable jump between GCSE and A Level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pwips)
    Its not maths that's clashing it's Economics, it's just a choice between switching economics for with further maths or physics

Thanks for you opinions guys!
    Ah.

If it were me, I'd go with Further Maths - if you're good at maths, maths+fm becomes like 1.5 A-levels rather than 2. Best case scenario, your workload is significantly reduced. Worst case scenario, you drop it after AS (AS Further Maths is only slightly harder than AS Maths really, A2 is where it actually gets difficult).

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.