The Student Room Group

Are any other girls like this?

This is not a serious thread post, I'm just really curious.

I basically don't find the usual celebrities attractive that my friends or other people would. Actually, I don't remember the last time I had a celebrity crush. You get all these girls who are either obsessed with Harry Styles or Ian Somerholder. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're ugly but I don't find them attractive.

I'm more of the personality person, I don't know, if a guy has a really nice attitude and is open minded etc I would really fall for him regardless of looks. Not completely, but mostly.

For example I remember a colleague who I thought was really cute and nice but then i found out he smoked and it was a complete turn off for me. Bad habits and a stinking personality puts me off no matter how hot the person is!

Oh and another big thing, I like intelligent aand sophisticated guys. Some people find posh-speaking males as pretentious, I really think that's attractive. I want an educated and well-mannered husband.

The 1940/50s men were so my type! From they way they dressed to the way they spoke.

Anyone else getting me or am I on my own here!!?? ahah

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

I basically don't find the usual celebrities attractive that my friends or other people would. Actually, I don't remember the last time I had a celebrity crush. You get all these girls who are either obsessed with Harry Styles or Ian Somerholder. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're ugly but I don't find them attractive.

I'm more of the personality person, I don't know, if a guy has a really nice attitude and is open minded etc I would really fall for him regardless of looks. Not completely, but mostly.

For example I remember a colleague who I thought was really cute and nice but then i found out he smoked and it was a complete turn off for me. Bad habits and a stinking personality puts me off no matter how hot the person is!

Oh and another big thing, I like intelligent aand sophisticated guys. Some people find posh-speaking males as pretentious, I really think that's attractive. I want an educated and well-mannered husband.

The 1940/50s men were so my type! From they way they dressed to the way they spoke.

I'm completely with you on this....apart from the posh speaking / 40's part! Intelligence, wit, humour, kindness and an all-round beautiful personality are key for me! I have to be a little bit attracted to them though :smile: I know what you mean about the "in" celebrities; I don't find many of them that attractive, but Ezra Miller is a hottie.
Reply 2
Original post by Devina-S
I'm completely with you on this....apart from the posh speaking / 40's part! Intelligence, wit, humour, kindness and an all-round beautiful personality are key for me! I have to be a little bit attracted to them though :smile: I know what you mean about the "in" celebrities; I don't find many of them that attractive, but Ezra Miller is a hottie.

Ive looked up Ezra Miller, I don't find him incredibly attractive but that doesn't make him ugly. I can't be infatuated with someone I don't know!
I am exactly like this except I fall for characters :colondollar:

I have a massive thing for Benedict Cumberbatch when he's in sherlock, but I'm not really that attracted to him as an actor. It's all about the personality.
Reply 4
Original post by therisenmitten

I have a massive thing for Benedict Cumberbatch when he's in sherlock, but I'm not really that attracted to him as an actor. It's all about the personality.

Same over here. I can get a huge crush on some fictional character, but I still see the actor as a completely different person. I don't find myself attracted to someone just by their looks.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate beauty, but I'm too much of an emotion-driven person.
Reply 5
I am positively oblectated to see that not all girls are as ridiculously shallow as the vast majority of the female hoi polloi these days. :smile:
Reply 6

What about Tony Stark or Tyler Durden? :tongue:
Original post by MW24595
What about Tony Stark or Tyler Durden? :tongue:

I've actually never seen iron man or the avengers :getmecoat:

but I love robert downey jr as sherlock holmes in the films!
Maybe I just have a massive thing for sherlock holmes in general... I'll admit I did fancy him a bit when reading the books :colondollar: ...dat intellect

also tyler durden was a bit of a dick

Agree :smile: not about the posh boys but yeah.. definitely.. celebrities are celebrities.. you will never know their true personality.. and you will never know them personally so why both caring or devoting your life to them.

I think real people are much hotter and more attractive and appealing then those in the spotlight and published in every magazine.. as the media is telling you fancy this or that guy.. when they just are plain and boring.
Reply 9
You like the men of the 40's but smoking instantly turns you off, good luck with that one.
Reply 10
Agree with the educated guy thing, totally have that! And yeah I can't fancy people I don't know, even though I can appreciate that they are hot, if you get me?

i hope you like cooking, cleaning and looking after the kids then.
Reply 12
Hey, out of curiosity, what do you folks make of romantic poetry?
Because, well... I've composed a couple of amateur sonnets for my amusement and I'm just hoping it doesn't come off as pathetic. :colondollar:

Original post by MW24595
Hey, out of curiosity, what do you folks make of romantic poetry?
Because, well... I've composed a couple of amateur sonnets for my amusement and I'm just hoping it doesn't come off as pathetic. :colondollar:

:biggrin: thats sweet :smile:

and op, i totally agree with you 100% x
Reply 14
Harry Styles??? :confused:

You NEED to be under 15 to actually have a crush on that guy!

I mean...he's a child, or, at least, acts like one!
I love Shia LaBeouf circa 2003.
Surely this is a guy posing as a girl ? This .. cannot .... be
Reply 17
I've actually never seen iron man or the avengers :getmecoat:

but I love robert downey jr as sherlock holmes in the films!
Maybe I just have a massive thing for sherlock holmes in general... I'll admit I did fancy him a bit when reading the books :colondollar: ...dat intellect

also tyler durden was a bit of a dick

Robert Downey jr is GREAT :biggrin: !! I love him too - but i think there is an even better celeb than him - Alex brown from Lawson OMG !!

But iron man is so good, the 3rd one is out soon lol

EDIT: op is defo a guy :P

EDIT 2 : his name is actually andy brown :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by llessur123
You like the men of the 40's but smoking instantly turns you off, good luck with that one.

Ahah, never thought of that! Welllllll, apart from that :smile:
Reply 19
Thank's for all the responses guys, wow. That tells me there are loads more out there with the same perception as me! :smile:

I bet the guys reading this post are like wth. aha :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending