Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, looked about for a thread and couldn't find one.. I'm starting Newcastle University this September to study Contemporary and Popular Music, wondering if anyone else have offers or study this course at Newcastle or another university now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there - I'll also be starting this course in September! There don't seem to be many of us on this forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arenicone)
    Hi there - I'll also be starting this course in September! There don't seem to be many of us on this forum
    Haha i've noticed! at least I know I won't be alone in September, are you from the Newcastle area or are you moving?

What instrument do you play?

ReputationRep:
    Electric/classical guitar and I'll be moving over from Belfast. Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Cool, I play guitar too and I'm from
    Sunderland so only 40 mins away,

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Newcastle but I also got offers from other places, including Goldsmiths in London and I quite liked it there (so I think I'm going to go there).

Although I was very impressed by Newcastle. Did you guys apply anywhere else, why have you chosen Newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorame)
    I got an offer from Newcastle but I also got offers from other places, including Goldsmiths in London and I quite liked it there (so I think I'm going to go there).

Although I was very impressed by Newcastle. Did you guys apply anywhere else, why have you chosen Newcastle?
    I applied to Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle, Huddersfield and Hertfordshire and got offers from all of them ( some of the courses were slightly different )..

Newcastle as a city is amazing and especially when you compare the cost of living there to London.. Also the music scene in the north-east is currently booming, lots of acts and events that's happening all year round that make the city really exciting for music. The University itself has an amazing reputation, the campus is very nice and also everything is relatively near-by. I really liked the sound of the course as I didn't really want to do just a popular music degree as I think it could have got slightly boring, and considering I want to go into teaching after my degree I think it really suits it.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.