Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So, I just signed up to Digital Trends Panel and downloaded the tracker after seeing it on Studentbeans.

Has anyone been signed up for a while?
    How do you get paid?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    From what I understand they pay by PayPal - I've signed up too.........but I just wonder how do they fund it?? Slightly suspicious of it now :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Joined three weeks ago, no confirmation email that the plugin is successfully setup although it appears to be working.

Did some research first as this deal seemed a bit too good to be true but turns out:
    Parent company Gfk exists, the Digital Trends website is substantial, carries the same logos as Gfk and has a German address.
    Websites like StudentBeans are advertising this promo, I got linked to it directly by the OpinionPanel.
    Found a news article about some research they had done previously.

I've done four surveys now worth £1 each. At the end of each one it says I will be payed via PayPal in the next few days. I didn't remember specifically providing PayPal details so emailed them asking, their response:

"The payment is sent to the email address you provided us within the registration. If that is not your PayPal address, please reply to this email with the email you have registered with PayPal and we'll make sure to send you the payment there.

Best Regards,

Support Team"

I have still not received anything via PayPal after three weeks. So it's a bit of a confusing picture for me. Interested to hear if anyone else has received any £, not that I mind doing their surveys for fun.

----------------------------------

UPDATE: Okay, so I just got paid. Good times

Further update: just got paid an additional £5 for having the add-on active for a further 90 days.

ReputationRep:
    I've been having the same trouble. I have had an email telling me I have earned £1 and another telling me i have earned my £15 reward for my 1 month anniversary. However I haven't recieved either payment. I have contacted them and I recieved the same email back as smile_wars, however, my email address that I use for this is not my paypal address. I have tried telling them this and recieved a mail back telling me if I give them the new address payment will go there, however I still havent received a penny. I reckon this is all a big con and dont reccomend anyone sign up with it.

ReputationRep:
    I have received many payments there part of GFK a well known research company for products

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crysta7501)
    I've been having the same trouble.
    Mine did come through eventually. Maybe wait it out a month. Mine came through on the 25th, the month after I had completed the surveys.

ReputationRep:
    How did you login in to give them your paypal address.....i'm trying to do that now to get my one month payment, but with no luck so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight0208)
    How did you login in to give them your paypal address.....i'm trying to do that now to get my one month payment, but with no luck so far
    You have to sign up using the email address that your paypal is linked to

ReputationRep:
    I've been part of this for a while, and received payments for my small surveys (earning about £1 each time) without problems. However I finished my 1st month almost a month ago now and when I emailed them to enquire about my payment they said all payments have been delayed. Heard nothing for another 2 weeks, emailed again, still nothing. Anyone else had this problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LlamaLady)
    finished my 1st month almost a month ago now, still nothing. Anyone else had this problem?
    snap

ReputationRep:
    I got paid the £15 for the month last week, it was three weeks late but it did turn up eventually.

ReputationRep:
    I signed up for this at the beginning of April and still haven't been paid the £15 due to me.

When you sign up, there's no indication as to how you will be paid. Email them to ask and *only then* will you be told that payment will be made via paypal using the email address you signed up with. If that address is not attached to a paypal account then more emails follow to sort this out.

I did get paid £1 each for some small surveys, hooray I thought, it's working. Ran the tracker for a month, got an email saying payment would be made - great. Waited a couple of weeks, then got another email saying that as I hadn't run the tracker for long enough I wouldn't be paid. Turns out they only looked at the current month and ignored the number of days I'd run the tracker in the previous month. More chaser emails from me resulting in an admission that they'd got it wrong, more promises to pay within 10 days. That was back in May. To date I've received nothing, nix, nowt, nada, zilch. Recent chaser emails have not been responded to.

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

ReputationRep:
    Just want to say that I recieved all the money I had earned from completing the surveys within 2 weeks of completing them. I also recieved my £15 10 days after I recieved the email telling me that my 30 days was up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittybean)
    So, I just signed up to Digital Trends Panel and downloaded the tracker after seeing it on Studentbeans.

Has anyone been signed up for a while?
    How do you get paid?

Thanks
    You will not get paid its a scam i joined them in June 2013 and was sent an email on July 7th confirming i will receive £15 for having the meter installed for 30 days and have this paid into my paypal account since July 7th i have received nothing i have sent them several emails asking where it is and they keep saying theres a problem with there payment system which is a load of rubbish they are saying this to everyone to avoid payment in the hope you forget about it but i havent and will make there life hell untill i get this payment lol i beleive as you may know they can see the activity you use on your pc like logging into your bank account there making thousands from using your information avoid them remove meter to avoidyour details being used

ReputationRep:
    been with them for 7 months, and unto a month ago had no problems, now they are refusing to pay, despite stating that they owe me, and then today they sent someone else details including their email address and full payment records

DO NOT USE THEM THEY ARE UNTRUSTWORTHY

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.