Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Not replying to messages- acceptable? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Obviously to an extreme it is, like ignoring 6, but like 2 months ago I sent someone a message asking advice about a country he'd been to and he didn't reply, then again I sent a girl a few on facebook that I got no response to- I've seen the girl since and she didn't seem to think she did anything wrong..

Personally I'm super organised and if say I don't have time to reply to a message, I make a note to do so later or write to the person saying ill reply when I have more time- I realise not everyone is like me but a few of my friends don't seem to think the second girl did anything wrong- do you always reply to messages?

ReputationRep:
    That er... reminds me. I should probably reply to a few texts now. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    It's rude but sometimes people are just busy man. No big deal in my opinion. If you're trying to contact the same person repeatedly then if they've not replied after two (or three times max) I'd just take the hint tbh.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.