Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hiya Steph,
    I know I'm really looking forward to it. Nervous, but also excited! . I received an email from Iris Wilson. We start Monday 27th at 9am in room C2.16. You should have received an email by now. I'd give them a call tomorrow first thing. Yes a lot of our classes are linked. Can't wait for placement time . Let me know how you get on tomorrow okay? Julie x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxjuliexxbxx)
    Hiya Steph,
    I know I'm really looking forward to it. Nervous, but also excited! . I received an email from Iris Wilson. We start Monday 27th at 9am in room C2.16. You should have received an email by now. I'd give them a call tomorrow first thing. Yes a lot of our classes are linked. Can't wait for placement time . Let me know how you get on tomorrow okay? Julie x
    Hi,
    I've left a message asking where I've to go. I know it'll be Mon 27th at 9am but haven't been given a room number or anything. It may well be the same as you since it's induction week.
    I'm looking forward to placements too. Exciting!! 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    I'm starting the MSc nursing course next week too. Don't know anyone else, so hi I'm Allie!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Allie.

Not long to go now .I am Alex.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, you should all have received an email with the first week's timetable. It was an email from Iris Wilson, and it also included a "rough draft" of the full 2 year course placement/tutorial timetable (when I say rough, I mean really rough... lol).

If not don't worry, Ill put down what I can here:
    Monday
    9-10 - Room C2.16 - (Welcome to the University). Iris Wilson
    10-10.30 - C2.16 - Break
    10.30-12 - C2.15 - (Icebreaker session) Iris Wilson
    12-1 -Lunch
    1-2 - C2.16 - (Personal Lecturer System) Fiona Everett
    2-4 - C2.16 - (Introduction to the Programme) Iris Wilson

Tuesday -Off
    (although iris wilson said that some occupational health things may be sorted out in the intermittent days: i.e. booster injections etc).

Wednesday
    9-10 - Unions 3rd Floor Open Area - (Informal Meet and Chat)
    -> RCN 9am (presentation)
    -> Unison 9.30 (presentation)
    -> Both are room C2.16
    10-3 - Freshers Fayre - Sports Centre, SAUWS, RCN, Library, NHS Lanarkshire (3rd Floor Open area)
    -> Uniform Measurement Room C4.5 (12-2)
    -> Module regsitration and enrolment

Thursday
    9-10 :- C2.16 - Student Services Effective Learning (Dickson Telfer)
    10-10.30 :- Break
    10.30 - 11.30 :- C2.16 - Health and Safety (Andrew Munro)
    11.30-12 :- C2.16 - ICT (Lecturer TBC)
    12-1 :- 4th floor open area - Lunch and Personal Lecturer Meeting
    1-1.30 :- C2.16 - SSLC SAUWS (Samantha Phillips)
    1.30-2.30 :- C2.16 - Occupational Health (Kirsten Feelan)
    2.30-3.30 :-C2.16 -NHS Library Induction (Grant Donaghy)

Friday - Off

Apparantly the time table applies to both the MSc in Mental Health and the MSc in Adult Nursing courses.
    Any other questions about timetables, Ill try to answer.

Can't wait to see you all!

Cate

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

\Alex

ReputationRep:
    Look forward to meeting you all on Mon! 😀
    Steph

ReputationRep:
    Hi Alex,
    I know not long! I only applied 2 months ago!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

I have been asked to go for interview on Thursday, I applied on 15th January for the September intake!! They got back to me saying there was no Sept intake but that I could go for an interview for next week if I wanted to. Do you have any tips on the interview process? I have 2 days to get prepared and am currently digging through my drawers looking for my degree transcript!

Thanks

Gemma

ReputationRep:
    Hi Gemma,

which Uni is this? Is this Feb/March intake?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, it's UWS Hamilton campus, Feb intake x

ReputationRep:
    Heya, I started the course in September but im taking a 6 month break just now so will be joining back with your February group in May where I left off, so if anyone has any questions about the course just ask :-D xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleGem29)
    Hi, it's UWS Hamilton campus, Feb intake x
    Hi Gemma,
    I remember getting asked what intimate care is and how I will plan my studying.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Gemma

In regards to interviews, I personally think you need to explain why you want to be a nurse and what your attributes/qualities are that would make you a good nurse. I would also look up any current news on nursing in the NHS. finally I would also think about how you will be able handle post graduate study .

Good luck , hope to see you all on Monday

Alex

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone, you have all been very helpful. Quite panicky as I was only starting to look at interview stuff to prep for the Sept intake interviews! Where is everyone travelling from? x

ReputationRep:
    Hiya everyone,
    Nice to see everyone is feeling excited and nervous too!!! Not just me then

Gemma I was asked what role does a student nurse have . Hope this helps good luck!! Xxx

Donna quick question if that's okay? How many lectures are there in a week? Trying to work out my study time

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Julie xxx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks again for the interview advice, I got a place See you all Monday xx

ReputationRep:
    We were "off" Uni Monday and Tuesday, on Wednesdays and Thursdays we were in 9am - 4.30pm in the classroom with an hours lunch and Fridays we were in the skills class from 9 - 4.30 with an hours lunch, so its really good to use the two days off for revising and starting assignments because they all come at once and it can get quite stressful, just a wee heads up, so the sooner you start working on them the better, but its a really enjoyable course :-) x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Donna,
    That's great advice, will do. See you all Monday morning!

Julie
    Have a good weekend x

ReputationRep:
    Sorry do you kno what happened with this because im in same situation this year and absolutely terrified incase my unconditional gets taken off of me.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.