Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Guys you know you can just use this http://unigradecalc.com/
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gmull)
    Hi. Im just wondering if you can help me work out how much i need to get in all of my 3rd year exams in order to get a first.

My 2nd year % is 62 and is weighted at 33% of my degree

This year ive 6 10 credit modules a 20 credit module and a 40 credit dissertation.

What will i need to average this year for a final first if this year is weighted 66% ?

Thanks for your help
    You would need an average of 74% across all your modules

ReputationRep:
    Hi, anyone help work out what I need??

i require 120 credits for my hons degree. I have completed four modules with the average mark for each being 66%. Those four modules are worth 80 credits. The last module is a dissertation worth 40 credits. If I was to get 60 % for dissertation. What class of degree would I get?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oakleydog)
    Hi, anyone help work out what I need??

i require 120 credits for my hons degree. I have completed four modules with the average mark for each being 66%. Those four modules are worth 80 credits. The last module is a dissertation worth 40 credits. If I was to get 60 % for dissertation. What class of degree would I get?
    Are the four modules worth 20 credits each?
    Do you have the individual marks for the four modules?

ReputationRep:
    Yes four modules worth 20 credits each.

Mod 1 55 & 68 %
    mod 2 68 & 68 & 78
    mod 3 68 &68
    mod 4 65 & 65

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably get a 2.1 but it depends on how your 4 modules are weighted and your exact mark in each module

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, didn't see your last post

ReputationRep:
    Hi , could you please do this for me if I give you my grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouShe)
    Hi , could you please do this for me if I give you my grades?
    You can use the calculator linked in post #21 above.

For any calculation to give more than an estimate, you need to know:
    - the weightings of each mark within each module
    - the weighting of each module within the year's overall grade
    - the year grade's weighting across all years of your degree

ReputationRep:
    Please what will be the final grade for these results.
    2nd year
    D+
    B
    C
    A-
    C+
    B

3rd year
    A-
    B+
    B
    B
    C- for dissertation
    thank u

ReputationRep:
    What is it with some people, expecting others to do all the work for them and not even providing enough information to work it out (post 30) even when they've been told what's needed (post 29)?

ReputationRep:
    hi, if i get 42% for my overall score for second year worth 30% of my degree.

what would i need to get for all 4 modules next year to get overall 2:1 for my degree

please help!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esther94_1)
    hi, if i get 42% for my overall score for second year worth 30% of my degree.

what would i need to get for all 4 modules next year to get overall 2:1 for my degree

please help!

Thanks
    Did you even read the post above yours before posting?
    Anyway, just short of 68% to give you 60% overall.

ReputationRep:
    I need help with working out mine please I have no idea how to work it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beyonce fleeky)
    I need help with working out mine please I have no idea how to work it out
    If you can't do the maths yourself you can work it out using the link given in this very thread, a few posts up from yours.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, if we're talking about weighting modules, could someone help with an issue I have? My uni grades all 3 years, so first year - 10%, second - 30% and final - 60%. I'm midway through final year, and trying to work out what kind of marks I need to get to get a first or a 2.1?

Any help? All my modules are weighted 20 credits each, so each year is worth 120 credits, but then the percentages towards the final degree mark comes in. I've got 6 modules for my 3rd year, could someone help me calculate what I'd need to achieve on average?

Thank for everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waterstorm)
    It depends on the weighting of the different modules. If they are all equally weighted to your final degree, then yes you would do that. If it's not equally weighted, then it's not as simple as that.
    this... most core modules are 10 credits but the dissertation/final year project is 20, you normally use 100 credits for your degree, this differs between universities though

ReputationRep:
    Hi could anybody help me establish my degree classification
    2nd year my average was 73.83
    3rd year they haven't told me my average as of yet but I have my marks;

Module 1: 70 (20 credits)
    Module 2: There were 2 pieces of work, the first weighted 30% where I got 73 and the 2nd weighted 70% where I received 71 (unsure how this is averaged into a final mark) (20 credits)
    Module 3: 75 (20 credits)
    Module 4: 74 (20 credits)
    Module 5: 78 (40 credits)

My 2nd year contributes 20% towards my final classification and 3rd year contributes 80%.
    I'm rubbish at maths!!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Oh for goodness sake. Read the posts above for the link.
    I despair of an education system where a weighted average calculation seems beyond so many people, but even so can't you just read a few posts back before posting?? :facepalm2:

And maybe the mods can move this thread somewhere else than the postgrad forum, where it is irrelevant anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sj27)
    Oh for goodness sake. Read the posts above for the link.
    I despair of an education system where a weighted average calculation seems beyond so many people, but even so can't you just read a few posts back before posting?? :facepalm2:

And maybe the mods can move this thread somewhere else than the postgrad forum, where it is irrelevant anyway.
    I also find it bewildering and a little bit sad.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.