Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

No idea what to talk about with guy I like :/ Watch

Okay, I really like this guy. We're facebook friends and he ended up coming to this event I posted about on facebook. He came by himself and didn't know anyone else there and it was just pretty awkward as we don't know eachother very well at all. And I'm just terrible at talking to guys (especially really attractive guys and this guy could be a model or something) and I don't think he's good at talking to girls either. He went quite early as it was his birthday and had other places to be but the time he was there it was mainly me asking him some general questions and him replying and me not knowing what to say back. Despite this I did get the vibe he was interested.

The next day he sent me a message on fb and we ended up had a really nice 3 hour chat and were getting to know each other etc.

Problem is he started chatting to me again today and it felt a little more awkward and I just really can't think of anything else to say! :/

He said that he may go to this bar tomorrow night after work if he's not too tired and said he'll buy me a drink if I come along. Honestly I'm dreading this now cause I just have know idea what to talk about.

So far we've discussed:
    -Where we're from
    -Where we live
    -What I study/what he studied/his job
    -What we do on a day to day basis
    -What club nights/bars we like
    -A bit about what music we like
    -A bit about tv shows
    -What we're doing for Easter
    And some other random, general stuff. And have been joking about some random stuff too.

Please give me some others ideas about what to chat about? I really don't want to mess this up/make him lose interest

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know what to talk about now, what would you talk about if you got into a relationship? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It's always more awkward to communicate online, you're a lot like me in that respect.
    See if things are as awkward when you meet up in person - you might find that conversation flows better. If not, then you two may not be suited for each other.

ReputationRep:
    Anything and everything

(Original post by Damask-)
    If you don't know what to talk about now, what would you talk about if you got into a relationship? :confused:
    Well from experience these things tend to be more awkward at the beginning, until you get more comfortable with each other/get to know each other.

ReputationRep:
    just talk abt things that are happening around u, what's on the news, what's on tv (dr who is on during the easter holidays!!), new music/artists u've just discovered, tease, flirt, what ever comes naturally to u

ReputationRep:
    Just talk about wee anecdotes that have happened in your life and perhaps he has similar stories to you and then the conversation might flow better. The main thing, probably, is to find common interests then you might find it easier to talk to him.

Thanks Anymore tips would be great

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.