Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Girls from my school might be planning to follow me home - What should I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastaferian)
    I thought the font choice was the most objectionable thing about that post

Fair point as well, makes it even worse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGoonerGirl)
    I'll start off by giving some background info. I go to a girls' only school and I'm in Year 10 although I'm rather small for my age. I'm happy where I am but recently there's been rumours that this group of girls who I've known since nursery are planning to follow me home and do God knows what to me. They go to the same school as me and are in the year above. They've tried to follow me home twice before but I went down other routes that I know. They walk a similar route to me except theirs ends about halfway through mine. I don't usually walk home with friends because I prefer to walk faster and quickly so I can get home as soon as possible.

Last year, I used to be friends with them until they suddenly turned against me for no reason. One of them (I'll call her M) got her friends to taunt me when I was alone. M would even follow me about in school and once asked me for a fight (she rolled up her sleeves and went into a defensive stance too). I admit, I humiliated and embarrassed her by saying to her, "What are you going to do to me? Sit on me with your fat arse and suffocate me?" M's friends pretty much laughed at that but then she got furious and got one of her much bigger friends who must have been a full head taller than me to try and beat me up (I managed to defend myself by throwing her to the floor). I then legged it as fast as I could.

I told my head of year about it, including M and her friends trying to follow me home twice and they all got punishments (I don't know what the punishments were). M and I haven't spoken in months and we blank each other whenever we pass by. But then a friend of mine about a week ago (I'll call her Q) is in the same form as M and also used to be friends with her. Q is a really nice person, sweet and kind, the type that you can trust. I've known her too since nursery. Q told me that M said to her that she was planning to follow me home. Q also told me that M has been treating her like dirt for the past couple of months for no reason, just as she had done to me.

I don't know why I should be worried. I shrugged it off when Q told me but now I'm worried. Just to be sure I've been walking different routes home. I don't want to go to my head of year or my form tutor because I'm worried that Q might be lying and that these rumours aren't true. I don't want to cause a fuss with the school.

Please, can someone give me advice?
    At least they were your friends.
    This happened to me too, I wasn't beat up but told to "run". My former best friend was with me at the time but she did nothing but watch. I don't blame her, she's very fragile and we were going to perform in our school play that night (avoided getting injured ^^). They just shoved me around a few times and let me go "I'll count to ten, you better run." I ended up waking- REBEL!! lol xD
    Funny thing is the girl I had the problem with avoided me as much as she could when she was alone. She got off the bus whenever we caught the same bus. suppose she was afraid of me when she was alone but brave when she faced me with other girls around her. What I'm trying to say is catch M alone and speak to her. When you do, ask her about all of this (don't mention Q telling you about the stalking home thing though). Ask about why she's turned mean towards both you and Q and that you have a feeling she might have the intent to follow you home and commit criminal acts. Was it really worth it? Ask her if something is wrong with her as in family wise or social wise. Is she stressed, pressured or abused? She might open up and give you reasons.
    If you're known to be strong or at least appear to be strong she is not likely to turn physical on you. But don't do it if she's the type to turn physical. If that's the case then you could tell your parents and ask them to speak to M's parents. School didn't cut it so maybe parents will I wasn't brave enough to tell my parents and I regret it.

I don't suggest getting a friend to film it all. I mean how would you benefit? If anything you're at loss. You'd have ruined a former friends life (criminal record), you'd get injured and put your filming friend at risk too.

But remember this is what you COULD do and not necessarily what you SHOULD do. You know your position better than we all do ^_^ Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    Because now if they do anything to you, they know their names are top in the list of suspects.
    They are already, aren't they? She's taken it to the head before so he knows there is tension between them. Plus Q actually knows of them supposedly planning to follow her home, no? Isn't that enough to have them as top suspects? Unless she has issues with other students too.

ReputationRep:
    I'll start off by giving some background info. I go to a girls' only school and I'm in Year 10 although I'm rather small for my age. I'm happy where I am but recently there's been rumours that this group of girls who I've known since nursery are planning to follow me home and do God knows what to me. They go to the same school as me and are in the year above. They've tried to follow me home twice before but I went down other routes that I know. They walk a similar route to me except theirs ends about halfway through mine. I don't usually walk home with friends because I prefer to walk faster and quickly so I can get home as soon as possible.

Last year, I used to be friends with them until they suddenly turned against me for no reason. One of them (I'll call her M) got her friends to taunt me when I was alone. M would even follow me about in school and once asked me for a fight (she rolled up her sleeves and went into a defensive stance too). I admit, I humiliated and embarrassed her by saying to her, "What are you going to do to me? Sit on me with your fat arse and suffocate me?" M's friends pretty much laughed at that but then she got furious and got one of her much bigger friends who must have been a full head taller than me to try and beat me up (I managed to defend myself by throwing her to the floor). I then legged it as fast as I could.

I told my head of year about it, including M and her friends trying to follow me home twice and they all got punishments (I don't know what the punishments were). M and I haven't spoken in months and we blank each other whenever we pass by. But then a friend of mine about a week ago (I'll call her Q) is in the same form as M and also used to be friends with her. Q is a really nice person, sweet and kind, the type that you can trust. I've known her too since nursery. Q told me that M said to her that she was planning to follow me home. Q also told me that M has been treating her like dirt for the past couple of months for no reason, just as she had done to me.

I don't know why I should be worried. I shrugged it off when Q told me but now I'm worried. Just to be sure I've been walking different routes home. I don't want to go to my head of year or my form tutor because I'm worried that Q might be lying and that these rumours aren't true. I don't want to cause a fuss with the school.

Please, can someone give me advice?
    don't you have any brothers or male cousins or male friends who can take a serious talk with those girls?

ReputationRep:
    You definitely need to speak to someone about this OP, tell your parents if not a teacher who you trust.
    I hope this gets sorted out and things get better for you OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Hello jumbo writing idiot.

Pray do tell how the OP can "discreetly report" this without telling the bullies, yet at the same time the bullies will "know their names are top in the list of suspects".

Have you heard the phrase 'couldn't string two sentences together'? Quite literally applies to you.
    Simple. Quite often before we tell someone off, we threaten them we'll report them. I'm asking the OP *not* to threaten then because bullies can threaten back and make someone feel intimidated to report.

Thus, the OP needs to report it, needs to tell her parents/teachers in PRIVATE about what's going on before hand. In edition she needs to tell the teachers that bullies often bully people worse once they realize they have been reported - so to basically ensure that does NOT happen.

Now the bullies will probably get told off , and they know they are already suspects. It's key NOT to tell them anything first , because girls can be extremely manipulative. Men are just usually violent.

Have a good day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastaferian)
    I thought the font choice was the most objectionable thing about that post
    The font was key, so the OP knows this is urgent. People following you home or trying to is stalking, it's also illegal and is harassment.

I love criticizing grammar and font, but this thread is about ensuring the OP is safe and makes sensible decisions.

ReputationRep:
    So my parents are supposed to come out and beat up these teenage girls? Brilliant.
    Nope scare them of .
    It's very unlikely that your going to get beaten up in front of your parents loooooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amineamine2)
    don't you have any brothers or male cousins or male friends who can take a serious talk with those girls?
    I do have older male cousins but they're all up in Norfolk. I don't have any male friends at all, maybe at my judo classes but that's it.

ReputationRep:
    I do have older male cousins but they're all up in Norfolk. I don't have any male friends at all, maybe at my judo classes but that's it.
    what about female friends who can help you protect yourself? It sounds to me like you can kick their as.s anyways lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amineamine2)
    what about female friends who can help you protect yourself? It sounds to me like you can kick their as.s anyways lol.
    Thanks. :lol: None of my friends live near me and none of them know martial arts, except for one but she lives in a completely different direction to me.

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.