The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 May 14th 2013

Scroll to see replies

how do you guys remember everything??
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1367104027.677653.jpg Hey is the answer overland flow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CurtisDean
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1367104027.677653.jpg Hey is the answer overland flow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its water surplus because field capacity has been attained, what paper is that question from?
what 15 markers do you think will come up? questions that have never been asked before possibly?? (im doing population, health, coasts, rivers). I hate 15 markers for human, especially 'comment on' 'discuss' 'to what extent'
Reply 284
Original post by Blueray2
Its water surplus because field capacity has been attained, what paper is that question from?

Yep that's right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by homefind
Yep that's right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh yeah boy :biggrin:
Reply 286
Ahh yeah boy :biggrin:

Haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CurtisDean

Posted from TSR Mobile

What year was this???

I just remembered a similar question to it :biggrin:
Have u done any 15 markers? i'll trade mine :smile:
Reply 288
Hi guys, I'm doing Rivers, deserts, population and health.

Does anyone have a link to the January 2013 paper? Or to the unofficial mark scheme? I've been looking for ages and can't seem to find it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 289
What year was this???

I just remembered a similar question to it :biggrin:
Have u done any 15 markers? i'll trade mine :smile:

It is water surplus right? I don't think this is a past exam question. Might be from a text book, etc.

Edit: never mind, didn't look at the posts above...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 290
What reclamation of coastal lowlands? The explanation isn't very clear
Original post by Jaydude
It is water surplus right? I don't think this is a past exam question. Might be from a text book, etc.

Edit: never mind, didn't look at the posts above...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by LucyQ
What reclamation of coastal lowlands? The explanation isn't very clear

I think its Prevented development
but I don't actually know, any ideas??
Original post by miz_mixy
Hi guys, I'm doing Rivers, deserts, population and health.

Does anyone have a link to the January 2013 paper? Or to the unofficial mark scheme? I've been looking for ages and can't seem to find it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by miss dentist
what 15 markers do you think will come up? questions that have never been asked before possibly?? (im doing population, health, coasts, rivers). I hate 15 markers for human, especially 'comment on' 'discuss' 'to what extent'

Original post by cyberphilic_9999
how do you guys remember everything??

Answer what is reclamation of coastal lowlands?? :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 293

Don't worry I understand it now :smile: and it's a human activity that causes/intensifies flooding.
[QUOTE="LucyQ;42422134"]

Don't worry I understand it now :smile: and it's a human activity that causes/intensifies flooding.

Are you sure? Where did you get that? (link?) I thought it was when you let it flood :s-smilie:

And btw

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2336381&p=42422160#post42422160

:smile:
Reply 295
[QUOTE="Blueray2;42422193"]
Original post by LucyQ

Are you sure? Where did you get that? (link?) I thought it was when you let it flood :s-smilie:

And btw

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2336381&p=42422160#post42422160

:smile:

I found it in my revision guide, I think you are thinking of coastal realignment.
Sorry have no idea about your question.
[QUOTE="LucyQ;42423288"]

I found it in my revision guide, I think you are thinking of coastal realignment.
Sorry have no idea about your question.

Is it that cgp book? What page? :biggrin:
Hi guys,

I'm an independent candidate and have been doing all my own work for this exam so I'm pretty damn nervous! My main concern is that I've seen a lot of case studies floating about that I have not covered. Although I suppose it's about quality of knowledge over quantity, and perhaps as I go over my notes I will have references to more places than I think!

As I'm out of the classroom environment I would be interested to hear what your teachers are saying about the upcoming exam, what are they preparing you for and what do they feel is going to come up?

One thing I would particularly like some help on are the two contrasting case studies on the energy issues topic. My study materials are a little scarce on this area and I would not feel confident answering a long question with the information I have.

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Whiskerella
Hi guys,

I'm an independent candidate and have been doing all my own work for this exam so I'm pretty damn nervous! My main concern is that I've seen a lot of case studies floating about that I have not covered. Although I suppose it's about quality of knowledge over quantity, and perhaps as I go over my notes I will have references to more places than I think!

As I'm out of the classroom environment I would be interested to hear what your teachers are saying about the upcoming exam, what are they preparing you for and what do they feel is going to come up?

One thing I would particularly like some help on are the two contrasting case studies on the energy issues topic. My study materials are a little scarce on this area and I would not feel confident answering a long question with the information I have.

Thanks in advance.

They prepare us by just going over the content nothing more.
Get the cgp textbook for the best case studies :smile:
We are all nervous to be honest :s-smilie:
Reply 299
[QUOTE="Blueray2;42423468"]
Original post by LucyQ

Is it that cgp book? What page? :biggrin:

yes page 28, although I hope it's not different as mine is about 3 years old.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending