Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luis suarez LFC)
    Anyone have any ideas what 15 mark questions may come up?
    For coasts, my teacher said a formation of depositional landforms may come up cuz the last years one was on erosion landforms.
    For population she said maybe Malthus and Boserup on resource depletion. But not guaranteed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fil.sissay)
    For coasts, my teacher said a formation of depositional landforms may come up cuz the last years one was on erosion landforms.
    For population she said maybe Malthus and Boserup on resource depletion. But not guaranteed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    formation of depositional landforms ? is that 15 marks on it??
    What about rivers and health?

ReputationRep:
    I dont think they would ask a question purely on Malthus and Boserup as it isnt specifically part of the spec and you couldnt talk about enough for 15 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucasluke)
    I dont think they would ask a question purely on Malthus and Boserup as it isnt specifically part of the spec and you couldnt talk about enough for 15 marks.
    I think it is on the spec....

"The implications of different structures for the balance between population and resources."

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homefind)
    I think it is on the spec....

"The implications of different structures for the balance between population and resources."

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeh but it doesnt specifically refer to Malthus and Boserup that just means how do different structures (ageing, youthful) affect resources - ageing has more care homes and stuff. Ive looked in mark schemes and you can refer to malthus and boserup but it isnt a necessity

I think

ReputationRep:
    Discuss the impact(s) of rising sea levels on coastal environments. (15 marks) ????

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any notes on coasts or rivers? struggling to revise it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucasluke)
    Yeh but it doesnt specifically refer to Malthus and Boserup that just means how do different structures (ageing, youthful) affect resources - ageing has more care homes and stuff. Ive looked in mark schemes and you can refer to malthus and boserup but it isnt a necessity

I think
    Yeah it is talking about ageing and youthful pops, just thought it may be on about malthus, Boserup and club of Rome when it refers to resources

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueray2)
    Discuss the impact(s) of rising sea levels on coastal environments. (15 marks) ????
    Hmmm that's a bit awkward for 15 marks...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If its rising sea levels talk about how there will be increased rates of marine erosion on the cliffs, talk about Holderness and the impacts of that, maybe talk about flooding especially with Bangladesh with the sea levels of the Bay of Bengal rising, Bangladesh practically being on a delta and coastal erosion of that. In the conclusion part talk about management and how it must be sustainable. Make sure you say why sea levels are rising etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Here is a good a3 spread of MEDC and LEDC flooding I did with FACTS & FIGURES (RIVERS SECTION)

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1367520072.869241.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  176.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oops TSR made the quality bad lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If its rising sea levels talk about how there will be increased rates of marine erosion on the cliffs, talk about Holderness and the impacts of that, maybe talk about flooding especially with Bangladesh with the sea levels of the Bay of Bengal rising, Bangladesh practically being on a delta and coastal erosion of that. In the conclusion part talk about management and how it must be sustainable. Make sure you say why sea levels are rising etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahha thanks for that But I use bangladesh for river flooding as well So thats confusing :gah: and holderness is coastal erosion, not really coastal flooding is it?

ReputationRep:
    Here is a good a3 spread of MEDC and LEDC flooding I did with FACTS & FIGURES (RIVERS SECTION)

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1367520072.869241.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  176.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice im using differnt ones from my geo trip though Got any answers for 15 markers on coasts? Will trade population and health

ReputationRep:
    Ahha thanks for that But I use bangladesh for river flooding as well So thats confusing :gah: and holderness is coastal erosion, not really coastal flooding is it?
    Yeah I have Bangladesh for rivers too, however it's the effect on the coastal environments! So you up must refer to Holderness as rising sea levels will cause more marine erosion. I wouldn't really refer to flooding as it is just about the coastal environments

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nice im using differnt ones from my geo trip though Got any answers for 15 markers on coasts? Will trade population and health
    I have two rivers 15 markers currently being marked by my teacher so I will respond as soon as I get them back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gutygvg)
    there is a question on chinese one child policy coming up on exam thats all i know
    How would you know that?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have Bangladesh for rivers too, however it's the effect on the coastal environments! So you up must refer to Holderness as rising sea levels will cause more marine erosion. I wouldn't really refer to flooding as it is just about the coastal environments

Posted from TSR Mobile
    so it causes more erosion and then the features of erosion?
    sureley wouldnet u talk abt submergent features?

I have two rivers 15 markers currently being marked by my teacher so I will respond as soon as I get them back

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    so it causes more erosion and then the features of erosion?
    sureley wouldnet u talk abt submergent features?

Thanks
    Yep deffo talk about them too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep deffo talk about them too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Explain the causes of sea level change and the formation of resultant coastal
    landforms. (15 marks)

Help?? What case studies can I use for this

These are how its caused but what case studies??

Eustatic change is a global change in sea level relative to the land.
    These can be a fall in sea level – as occurred during glaciations or a
    rise in sea level as is the current situation. This is the result of water
    being added following temperatures warming, glaciers melting and
    thermal expansion as oceans warm. Current concern regarding global
    warming would come into this category.
    Isostatic change occurs on a local level. Again, relative change may
    be positive or negative. This is the result of ice melting on land masses
    and the loss of the additional weight causing land masses to readjust
    and ‘bounce up’. Similarly, plate movement at subduction zones may
    cause the land to rise relative to the sea. Conversely, with additional
    weight e.g. where there are deltas being created of substantial size, the
    land will sink due to the additional weight.
    Landforms resulting from sea level increase/land sinking – fjords,
    rias are likely landforms; estuaries, (submerged forest) are also
    creditable.
    Landforms resulting from sea level decrease/land rising – raised
    beaches and fossil cliff lines are likely responses. Explanation should
    be given.
    Reference to impact of sea level change on coral reefs is valid.

If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.