Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucasluke)
    Here are notes:
    Incredible notes; Quick question though: for Fluvial erosion in Rivers, you didn't include Cavitation. I haven't seen cavitation in mark schemes before so I didn't think that it was needed, although many AS geography books include it (including the CGP AQA one).
    What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luis suarez LFC)
    Where did you find this paper and do you have mark scheme
    Online just took alot of searching and nope sorry.

(Original post by CurtisDean)
    If you do Arid Environments; have you noticed that in the past exam papers (Jan 2013 and June 2011) There have been pictures from the 'AS/A2 Arid environments' book?

We noticed it the other day in class when going through the book
    Haven't got that book sorry

ReputationRep:
    Incredible notes; Quick question though: for Fluvial erosion in Rivers, you didn't include Cavitation. I haven't seen cavitation in mark schemes before so I didn't think that it was needed, although many AS geography books include it (including the CGP AQA one).
    What do you think?
    Thanks.
    I have got the CGP book and also a textbook. The textbook doesn't include it but I have seen it in the CGP book. Every markscheme I have seen only has the other 4 so I dont see why it would change

ReputationRep:
    meanders are driving me insane, there is literally so much to know and not even a guarantee that it will come up......

ReputationRep:
    For anyone doing Health, concerning glaxosmithkline UK and distribution of drugs,

What is the issue if gsk targets doctors in developing world countries? I don't see a disadvantage of this...unless it is an advantage?

Hope that made sense!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydude)
    For anyone doing Health, concerning glaxosmithkline UK and distribution of drugs,

What is the issue if gsk targets doctors in developing world countries? I don't see a disadvantage of this...unless it is an advantage?

Hope that made sense!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Possibly could be that there is a lack of access to doctors in rural areas. Therefore not everyone will have access to the drugs unless there is equal distribution between rural and urban settlements?

Just a thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImAz)
    Possibly could be that there is a lack of access to doctors in rural areas. Therefore not everyone will have access to the drugs unless there is equal distribution between rural and urban settlements?

Just a thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome! Great thought, especially since there are only 3 doctors per 100000 in rural settlements, therefore not everyone has access to drugs when they need it. Thanks!

Also, what does "analyse" mean in a 15 marker? Do I give both sides of argument, or talk about problems only? e.g "Analyse the influence of tobacco TNC in low income countries" etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What does 'Comment on...' mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    By the way everyone, this guy came in and told us what's gonna come up. Get revising hard soft engineering, spits stacks , one child policy and morbidity and mortality . He also said its an easy 15 marker for health

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rheannan)
    meanders are driving me insane, there is literally so much to know and not even a guarantee that it will come up......

Hope that made sense!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think gsk is more to do with what the other guy said, its an advantage.

(Original post by Gutygvg)
    By the way everyone, this guy came in and told us what's gonna come up. Get revising hard soft engineering, spits stacks , one child policy and morbidity and mortality . He also said its an easy 15 marker for health
    Lol who is this guy???

(Original post by Alexa_)
    Is anyone doing deserts here?! (...I am...)

Also, has anyone got any predictions for the Population or Health 15 markers?!!

Thanks!
    Maybe a 15 marker on drugs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rheannan)
    Yeah and there are so many different descriptions of them

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Great thought, especially since there are only 3 doctors per 100000 in rural settlements, therefore not everyone has access to drugs when they need it. Thanks!

Also, what does "analyse" mean in a 15 marker? Do I give both sides of argument, or talk about problems only? e.g "Analyse the influence of tobacco TNC in low income countries" etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Basically for analyse you have to break down the question/topic into different parts. For example Causes, impacts managements.
    Then give an in depth account of each of these factors and how they're effect on Society/the environment/the economy is relevant on a community and national and international scale/

ReputationRep:
    Anybody doing energy? What the **** does it mean by: 'Case studies at national scale of two contrasting approaches to managing energy supply and demand.'? Does that mean renewable and non-renewable approaches?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys....basically my teacher is so extra and she wants us to incorporate diagrams when we explain the formation of meanders. Does anyone know how to do this ? The textbook is pretty rubbish. Thank yo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donny29)
    Hey guys....basically my teacher is so extra and she wants us to incorporate diagrams when we explain the formation of meanders. Does anyone know how to do this ? The textbook is pretty rubbish. Thank yo
    Yeah just show more erosion on the outer bend? Possibly arrows. But waste of time tbh.

ReputationRep:
    You are clearly bull****ting - if he told you what was the the paper this whole test would have to be re-written man.

ReputationRep:
    Arid Environment Question:

I need help outlining how Cold ocean currents have influenced aridity in the Namib desert. This is what I know so far:
    - Benguela current flows northwards along the coast of Namibia
    - South-easterly trade winds are cooled by the cold ocean water
    - condensation takes place forming low clouds and fog
    - winds carry mist/fog onshore
    - temperature inversion traps fog layer under warmer area (approx. 500m above sea level)
    - As air moves inland, it is warmed and its humidity decreases
    - solar radiation burns off fog within a few hours of sunrise

How does that sound?

ReputationRep:
    Is it weird that I'd rather go into the exam unsure about what will come up, rather than knowing?

ReputationRep:
    I hope that this is a troll! Please God! Pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Is it weird that I'd rather go into the exam unsure about what will come up, rather than knowing?
    I'm inclined to believe what this guy is saying I'm sure I remember reading a thread on here once where someone posted that someone from AQA had come into their school before the exam and mentioned what the fifteen marker was on, then reading the posts after the exam that were like "I'm so glad I listened to you, can't believe it came up!" etc. I won't be prioritising those topics and leaving everything else though because that's just silly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    You are clearly bull****ting - if he told you what was the the paper this whole test would have to be re-written man.

(Original post by NewCeremony)
    I'm inclined to believe what this guy is saying I'm sure I remember reading a thread on here once where someone posted that someone from AQA had come into their school before the exam and mentioned what the fifteen marker was on, then reading the posts after the exam that were like "I'm so glad I listened to you, can't believe it came up!" etc. I won't be prioritising those topics and leaving everything else though because that's just silly

I hope that this is a troll! Please God! Pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Lets just learn it anyway as well, well we have to learn all of it tbh

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.