vegetation
    Slopes
    Precipitation
    Drainage Basin - Shape & Density

Human:
    Urbanisation
    Deforestation
    Over farming soil due to agriculture

How all these affect river discharge and which is most important overall.
    You could of brought in case studies here.
    In the physical impacts I also talked about antecedent conditions etc... How temperatures and also how previous precipitation can saturate soils etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homefind)
    just done the exam, overall I thought it was ok, however didnt know the magnitude thing so I took an educated guess haha, for the submergent landform I did a Fjord long profile and cross profile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is exactly what i did for the fjord question. It seemed like the only way to squeeze out four marks!

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries for past test??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahsm)
    That is exactly what i did for the fjord question. It seemed like the only way to squeeze out four marks!
    Ye I know haha, in the description as well I thought it was good how you could link it into glaciation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoAce)
    I hope they are of I'm going to have to resit
    sorry to dissapoint, but doubt it.

Reason behind me saying that:

From what you're all moaning about, there doesn't seem to have been to many hard questions, and most where fairly standard geography, nothing to technical.

I saw the paper about a month ago and looking overall it wasn't the hardest paper at all, there was a lot of you either know it or you don't, and they looked at geography areas which weren't hard to know, but they wrote in such a way that you had apply your knowledge and link things together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luis suarez LFC)
    Grade boundaries for past test?
    Usually about 70% ish.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries for past test??
    the grade boundaries are being decided on August 1st for this paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clareramos)
    sorry to dissapoint, but doubt it.

Reason behind me saying that:

From what you're all moaning about, there doesn't seem to have been to many hard questions, and most where fairly standard geography, nothing to technical.

I saw the paper about a month ago and looking overall it wasn't the hardest paper at all, there was a lot of you either know it or you don't, and they looked at geography areas which weren't hard to know, but they wrote in such a way that you had apply your knowledge and link things together.
    I agree, overall I thought it was an ok paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries for past test?
    Saw January 2013 was 76 for an A grade and 60 For C

ReputationRep:
    70/120 has been A in the past two papers I think

ReputationRep:
    The coast 15 marker was ok too, I linked in rock type as well and linked in case studies of Lulworth Cove and Holderness, also talked about mass movement in Holderness and talked about marine erosion eroding headlands and bays in Durdle Door

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mixed emotions....health was nice, population was fair, but rivers and coasts...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg could have kissed the paper best ever! I did rivers coasts population and health

ReputationRep:
    what did people write for the question about eskers????

ReputationRep:
    In the energy 15 marker I talked about possibly in the future countries will become less dependent on other countries due to the increased usage of renewable energy using Denmark as an example, do you think this will get marks? (This was in my conclusion of the trade section so I did actually say all the other points about global patterns in my answer as well)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Need more time.

ReputationRep:
    I did Kames instead of Eskers. Am I likely to get any follow through marks from the drawing and definition question for a total of 9 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leonieposhai)
    Need more time.
    you just need better time management.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clareramos)
    you just need better time management.
    I managed to keep to my plan to 25 mins for each section therefore having 20 minutes to check/improve answers at the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homefind)
    just done the exam, overall I thought it was ok, however didnt know the magnitude thing so I took an educated guess haha, for the submergent landform I did a Fjord long profile and cross profile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did exactly the same for submergent, great minds ;-).. Hopefully haha

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.