Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    ENJOY, the exam has FINISHED. WORRY when grades get home lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_d)
    That was horrendous! Aqa what is going on?! Posted from TSR Mobile
    Couldn't agree more! The scary thing is everyone else seems to have found it really easy so ground boundaries will be higher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...sker_(PSF).png for the esker question, you'd have to draw something like this.

Not sure what diagrams you'd add though, as none of the pics on the internet have labels.

for the labels I wrote:
    "long sinuous undulating ridges" "hummock like shape" "20-30 metres in width"
    Ah fair enough i expecting to lose 30 marks max.. this was 9 of them :P rest was good but as soon as i saw it i had no idea i drew a kame mind you looks better

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone thinking of stopping geography after AS? Or am i the only one??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i did population, rivers, energy and deserts. found river and population good but the other two not what did you all think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clareramos)
    I know. Just trying to get him to break. I will win.
    Friends Jack and my skin is the most spiritual. Has the plane who is a natural person.

ReputationRep:
    i did rivers, population, energy and deserts. found rivers and population good but not energy and deserts what did you all think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellleee)
    Couldn't agree more! The scary thing is everyone else seems to have found it really easy so ground boundaries will be higher
    U aren't on your own. I am on your side. I didn't even finish unfortunately. And it's because some of them I didn't do enough revision and I could put and thing. I also had timing issue. Hope will be alright tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fs1205)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's the only thing I've been thinking about since about 5 months into the course haha... Not too sure though, wouldn't know what else to do if I were to drop it

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im deciding as geology does not like geography but geography next year is geology as this year could be easy a2 exam ;x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fil.sissay)
    U aren't on your own. I am on your side. I didn't even finish unfortunately. And it's because some of them I didn't do enough revision and I could put and thing. I also had timing issue. Hope will be alright tho.

Couldn't put*

ReputationRep:
    OMG such an hard exam!! I did rivers, glaciers, population and food. Loved the 15 markers on all especially glaciers - that was just too easy for 15 marks!! I thought population was hardest as it had an osmap and this took time to interpret but i did A an D then u had to talk about social welfare absolutely hated this but 15 marker was ok as I did china and France why did they ask everything i didn't want :/ eg eskers!!!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I might do, but I'd rather drop History

ReputationRep:
    I did this exam as a retake (got a B last time so wanted to try and get some more points ahaha) and I have to say this was by far the most difficult geography exam I have done so far! I did some really stupid mistakes (such as I drew a diagram the emergency of a coastline instead of submergence - doh!) so I hope these dont pull my grade down! Considering this exam was quite challenging, im bricking my next and last geography exam in a couple of weeks.... and its a toughy!!!

Also, what was the 15 mark question on rivers again... Ive totally forgotten everything ahaha!!

Alex

Ps. Good luck with the rest of your exams!!

ReputationRep:
    Last question, what did people put for social welfare for the areas that they chose to talk about?

I'm unsure as to what "social welfare" means and therefore I put something along these lines:

"The unemployment rate is higher so there needs to be an increased provision of job centres"

Sentences like that...

Is that completely wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexW1995)
    I did this exam as a retake (got a B last time so wanted to try and get some more points ahaha) and I have to say this was by far the most difficult geography exam I have done so far! I did some really stupid mistakes (such as I drew a diagram the emergency of a coastline instead of submergence - doh!) so I hope these dont pull my grade down! Considering this exam was quite challenging, im bricking my next and last geography exam in a couple of weeks.... and its a toughy!!!

Also, what was the 15 mark question on rivers again... Ive totally forgotten everything ahaha!!

Alex

Ps. Good luck with the rest of your exams!!
    Hi the question was:
    Physical factors that affect discharge are more important than human factors that affect discharge. Discuss this view.

Something like that haha
    What did u write about?

I first did physical factors such as drainage basin size and shape, length of precipitation, intensity of precipitation and slope of land....I mixed these with case study figures and factors for both Bangladesh and bostcastle...I also mentioned how its affects the hydrography and drew a flashy and subdued one

For the human factors I talked about urbanisation and deforestation and how Bangladesh is at the source of 3 rivers and used Bangladesh figures to bak the urbanisation up...again I mentioned the hydrographs....I also drew a mini drainage basin and labeled the tributaries and watershed to see if I could pick up some marks....

So what do you think..have I done ok? Cuz I wasn't sure..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fil.sissay)
    I have a big problem which is writing too much including irrelevant informations. The exam was ok thanks to my teacher who predicted some of the possible essays. Unfortunately I left 1 five marker a 4 marker and I think one was 3 marker (due to timing issue) and for population I didn't write much on the essay. .

Yeah I struggled for time too! I think they should allow more time as they are giving a minute for every mark! I had no time to finish all the questions and no time for reading/checking over my paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexW1995)

Something about human and physical affects on discharge.

I wrote about Rock type and tributaries (River Valency/Jordan Case Study) and dams and Global warming (Bangledesh Case Study).

ReputationRep:
    I knew about the formation of eskers but what do you include in a diagram of an esker?! I just put Kames and out wash plains and basically scribbled all around it and drew graded deposits ....what did everyone else do?

ReputationRep:
    OMG FOR POPULATION there was a 6 marker on healthcare approaches...I wrote about USA and wrote ALOT with figures...apparently we were not meant to write about the US? Could someone tell me if. Would get any marks cuz what I wrote was. 100% true and I leant it all!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.