Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by leonieposhai
<br />
<br />
yep! That's perfect :biggrin:

Oh that's great considering its the question that threw me off timing
Original post by hannahsm
Does anyone else hate it when they ask you to &quot;comment on&quot; something? I'm just like either ask me a real question or stfu.<br />
Also what the hell was that random outline of a man doing in the coasts section? I am not cool with that!<br />
<br />
Eughh. I never know how to feel about geography exams... one minute I'm okay then the next I feel like a raging mess. Such a love-hate relationship, it's unhealthy!
<br />
<br />
Same! After the exam was quite confident because I thought the questions were alright but then I started analysing every question and had a massive panic! But I've just tried to think about all the things I did well and I'm feeling better now :smile: I'm sure you'll have done better than you think :biggrin:
<br />
<br />

Since you seem to know what you're talking about, I did the methods which Japan are using to encourage families to have more children along with their effectiveness and predicted future figures and facts, and the Chinese one child policy and the effectiveness of it, is that ok?
Original post by clareramos
case studies as seen as right generally, as examiners aren't allowed to look up things for your answer and have to take it as true, unless it is very common, and it is obviously wrong. so if it is believable then you should be fine.

You have clearly not marked recently - as all scripts are now marked using online software examiners are actively encouraged to check case study details if they seem unusual or odd - it only takes a few minutes once online. It is also clearly obvious when a candidate starts to make facts up or mix and match with other case studies. Students very rarely convincingly lie in a pressure situation takes time to make something up and besides it is very easy to find out if it is true.....
How did people find it?!
Reply 1125
i know i messed up this exam so badly (didn't answer the 5+ 4 mark question on submergent landforms so i've already lost 9 marks), it looks like i'm gonna keep my D from last year which was 70 ums so now i'm gonna have to get pretty much full marks in the other papers to get the B i need for uni :'(.
Reply 1126
omg on the manchester question for health i commented on the onomoly (as well as the general data) of low death rates in winter and said that due to the poor diets which can be adopted by northern cities it can lead to people being more insulated during the winter and consequently lowering the death rate!

hahahahha i seriously did not know what else to write, possibly THE most embarrassing thing i've ever wrote
Original post by ThatNorthernLad
Since you seem to know what you're talking about, I did the methods which Japan are using to encourage families to have more children along with their effectiveness and predicted future figures and facts, and the Chinese one child policy and the effectiveness of it, is that ok?
<br />
<br />
Yep that sounds alright :smile: I can't be sure because I don't know about Japan, but they are in different stages of the DTM and they're contrasting schemes so it sounds good :biggrin: hope you do well xx
Original post by ThatNorthernLad

I wrote about that too.. i hope im right
Reply 1129
Original post by ljc123
omg on the manchester question for health i commented on the onomoly (as well as the general data) of low death rates in winter and said that due to the poor diets which can be adopted by northern cities it can lead to people being more insulated during the winter and consequently lowering the death rate!

hahahahha i seriously did not know what else to write, possibly THE most embarrassing thing i've ever wrote

omg that is the greatest thing I have heard someone put on this exam hahaha
Maybe the examiner will think its funny and give you sympathy marks :biggrin: I didn't put a reason for why though, I just described the trends :/
Reply 1130
Original post by ellleee
Couldn't agree more! The scary thing is everyone else seems to have found it really easy so ground boundaries will be higher:frown:

easy?! easy?!

oh dear :frown:
Reply 1131
<br />
<br />

Phew! I was having this worry too!
Reply 1132
<br />
<br />

I did Thailand and France...
u know for the coasts 15marker - did u have to describe how landforms of erosion form at all? i just stated it...
HOW BAD was the exam!!!! i could literally not see what the dam was and didn't answer it =lost 10 marks. so annoyed!!!!!!!!!!!! the essays were ok though, maybe wanted a better one for pop because i didnt revise it much but hey ho. remember we can still lose 30 marks(like not doing a whole section) and get full 140 UMS. brilllo!
Reply 1135
See you all in August when I'm crying over my failure!👍👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex-Torres
Anyone who says they struggled on 'explain the formation of eskers' only has themselves to blame, it's a major landform of fluvioglaciation

Theres about 4 lines on it in the revision guide with no picture? So to draw a diagram and explain it for 9 marks is very harsh imo.
Original post by cyberphilic_9999
u know for the coasts 15marker - did u have to describe how landforms of erosion form at all? i just stated it...

I wonder this, I started describing how marine erosion occurs, then looked at the question and thought, maybe this isn't what they're asking and spent the rest of the essay just stating the landforms. That was the worst 15 marker for me
I'm interested as to what everyone put as their advantages/disadvantages on the Dam question on rivers, floods and management. Mine were

Advantages
Ablility to generate energy through the engineering of a HEP plant in the dam
Ability to store water and distribute it when needed to the population
Disadvantages
High cost to build
Ecological damage in the area.
Original post by ljc123

Original post by kate3
omg that is the greatest thing I have heard someone put on this exam hahaha
Maybe the examiner will think its funny and give you sympathy marks :biggrin: I didn't put a reason for why though, I just described the trends :/

Hahhaomg I wrote that as well!!!!! But I crossed it out, thinking that they would think this guy is mad hahah :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending