Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumbakrak)
    What were you meant to write about on the SocioEconomic and Social Welfare questions?
    About provisions. E.g old people need facilities. Young people need education. Etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redtortoise)
    Did anyone else put about Thailand or Germany for the populations 15 mark question ?
    I used Thailand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieproud)
    I used Thailand
    could you use australia (promoting immigration) for more workers and china (one child policy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammyxm)
    Nope but I put that high morbidity rates can lead to an increase in mortality, which are linked - dont know if its relavent but i wanted to use up space.
    What did anyone put for the Rivers 15 marks essay? I confused by what they were asking.
    had to put how factors affect the transfer rate to the river affecting discharge
    human causes: deforestation, buildings
    physical causes: size+shape of drainage basin, amount of water already in system, soil type, rock type, vegetation, amount of precipitation

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if I'll get follow through marks for drawing, and describing, a Kame instead of an Esker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsz0r)
    Does anyone know if I'll get follow through marks for drawing, and describing, a Kame instead of an Esker?
    i doubt you'll get any

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool101)
    i doubt you'll get any
    Wasn't hopeful, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can you still get 13-15 marks on essay if you didnt mention a case study this is for the river question it didnt say name a case study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luis suarez LFC)
    can you still get 13-15 marks on essay if you didnt mention a case study this is for the river question it didnt say name a case study

yes, it was the same for the deserts essay
    you couldn't really bring a case study into it whilst answering the question

ReputationRep:
    For the cold environments 15 marker I wrote about the processes but I fit the rotational glow compressional flow and extending flow into a corrie formatIon and included a labelled diagram...do you think that is good enough for level 3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool101)
    yes, it was the same for the deserts essay
    you couldn't really bring a case study into it whilst answering the question
    If I did bring in some case study material, will I be credited?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucasluke)
    I wrote about approach to healthcare to NHS! If it was for a local borough they didn't exactly word it right.
    I wrote about the case study I had for age, gender wealth and provision for health care question about my local town?? It really threw me. It was such a oddly worded question.

ReputationRep:
    My esker wasn't sinuous and I didn't describe it as such either, but everything else was right, can I still get full marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassanakhtaruk)
    If I did bring in some case study material, will I be credited?
    Case studies basically support the points you are making so it will help you get into the high bands, although it is not necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaomiASuts)
    I wrote about the case study I had for age, gender wealth and provision for health care question about my local town?? It really threw me. It was such a oddly worded question.
    Doncaster would have been the one to talk about. But unfortunately I didn't think of it invitee exam so I wrote about France. Hopefully they will credit me for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agdsten)
    Case studies basically support the points you are making so it will help you get into the high bands, although it is not necessary.
    Oh good so because included facts and figues (from the case studies) ,that will help me get into the higher levels so higher marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaomiASuts)
    I completely messed that question up... I worked so hard for this exam and the only thing that I believe affected my performance was timing....2 hours is NOT enough! I needed more time to think about the questions and write good answers....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassanakhtaruk)
    I completely messed that question up... I worked so hard for this exam and the only thing that I believe affected my performance was timing....2 hours is NOT enough! I needed more time to think about the questions and write good answers....
    That's the problem. U gotta race with the clock. I got the same problem 2. I write too much for a few mark answer e.g. 6 mark question just because I am not sure if I have enough info for 6/6. :/.

ReputationRep:
    errybody ready for the skills paper tomorrow? what theme do you think it'll be

ReputationRep:
    Hello can someone please tell me the exact wording of the first 3 questions in population please!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.