Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Reckon I got like full UMS on unit 2, and a D on unit 1 ahahaha it was so **** omg
    worst exam I had, and I had some **** exams.. 13 in total

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgehigginson)
    Reckon I got like full UMS on unit 2, and a D on unit 1 ahahaha it was so **** omg
    worst exam I had, and I had some **** exams.. 13 in total
    How do u know your results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fil.sissay)
    How do u know your results?

I don't know my results.... "reckon" ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgehigginson)
    I don't know my results.... "reckon" ahah
    Kwl. So what grade do u think u gonna get overall?

ReputationRep:
    The Unit 1 exam was absolutely awful... I ran out of time on the 15 marker for both of the human topics... depressing!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the two questions that came up in the Population section which were about Urban and Rural settlements?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    who has the AQA GCSE geography paper june 2013 foundation paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manz)
    who has the AQA GCSE geography paper june 2013 foundation paper
    Why would we have it...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I messed up badly leaving two questions out due to time:'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    From what I have read people struggled with this exam, this hopefully means they will try and lower the mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    From what I have read people struggled with this exam, this hopefully means they will try and lower the mark scheme.
    74/120 is an A isn't that low enough :c ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mashaw)
    74/120 is an A isn't that low enough :c ??
    Yeah I agree although I did the January exam for my mock and the questions were more straight forward and you could have easily have gotten full marks if you had revised. Whereas the questions on this paper the questions were slightly weirdly worded, therefore I think that people answered them differently as they were more subjective.

e.g. the 15 marker of rivers (and yes I still remember the question)

The question was discuss whether human or physical factors are more important for affecting discharge?

Most people would have done physical factors which increase discharge and then human factors which increase discharge and my teachers said as long as you went into enough detail and describing which are more important then you would get 15/15.

Whereas the question said affecting river discharge and therefore I came to the conclusion that human factors are more important as they can also significantly reduce discharge through soft and hard engineering.

whereas most people would have done (this I know is generalistic but what the feedback from my class was)

physical

Precipitation
    Vegetation
    Geology
    Steep relief
    ECT

Human

Deforestation
    Urbanisation
    and cannot think of anymore right now

then come to a conclusion

ReputationRep:
    My main point is that the questions are generally subjective and therefore it is bassically whether the examiner agrees with your statements and opinions particularly in discuss/comment/evaluate questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    My main point is that the questions are generally subjective and therefore it is bassically whether the examiner agrees with your statements and opinions particularly in discuss/comment/evaluate questions.
    I know what you mean my january mock i got 110/120 ums. I hated this paper as well, my knowledge on esker, social welfare is non existent but i should of got 100% but cant now lost 20 marks before even started but i cant see me losing another 25 like half the paper :/ esker drawing in the book lol gfto aqa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StartingTheParty)
    The Unit 1 exam was absolutely awful... I ran out of time on the 15 marker for both of the human topics... depressing!
    Oh god same:/no automatically lost about 25 ish marks :'( :cries:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone hate the unit 2 paper? Really didn't like it haha! Although spearmans rank question was pretty good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anwarpwnsall)
    Did anyone hate the unit 2 paper? Really didn't like it haha! Although spearmans rank question was pretty good
    I LOVED THAT PAPER. Genuinely think I dropped 3 marks. But i think i got a high B in Geog unit 1 so hopefully it will bring it up!! Good luck to you mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1 - you only need around 60% for an A?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rixion)
    Unit 1 - you only need around 60% for an A?!
    DAA FURKEHCBNKTRXZZZJKIDK!!?? Are you sure? If it is then....maybe I haven't done so bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.