Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone, basically Im doing my geography AS this year and we have a mock next week. it would be highly appreciated if I someone could give me the question paper (and preferably mark scheme) or atleast the questions that came up in june 2013. the topics I am doing is rivers, population, coasts and health. thanks in advance xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow321)
    hey everyone, basically Im doing my geography AS this year and we have a mock next week. it would be highly appreciated if I someone could give me the question paper (and preferably mark scheme) or atleast the questions that came up in june 2013. the topics I am doing is rivers, population, coasts and health. thanks in advance xx
    After reviewing what I have said about the skills paper, where I told people the questions I am now regretting it.

What is the point of doing a mock if you have already practiced the questions you are not going to know the questions for the real exam so why should you need it for the mock.

As long as you revise each of the 4 topics thoroughly you will do fine but if I were to give you the questions for the paper and then you get an A is that a realistic result for the exam.

If you get an C in the mock being blind when going into the test then it will help you. It will show you that you need to do more revision.

Don't do what I did last year you need to do the revision or you will just not pass.

But good luck anyway if you revise especially revising your case studies then you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    After reviewing what I have said about the skills paper, where I told people the questions I am now regretting it.

What is the point of doing a mock if you have already practiced the questions you are not going to know the questions for the real exam so why should you need it for the mock.

As long as you revise each of the 4 topics thoroughly you will do fine but if I were to give you the questions for the paper and then you get an A is that a realistic result for the exam.

If you get an C in the mock being blind when going into the test then it will help you. It will show you that you need to do more revision.

Don't do what I did last year you need to do the revision or you will just not pass.

But good luck anyway if you revise especially revising your case studies then you will be fine.
    thanks, I really do appreciate that and I do see where ur coming from. however with geography, I haven't revised anything and im not willing to revise anything in just a day or two, I need atleast a week to get my head round, they cant expect us to finish the module on a friday and sit a mock on the following tuesday alongside every other subject we have, im already staying in college from 7:30 - 6 PM tomorrow! LOL, honestly, im getting a U, if u would just send me the questions so I could atleast get a E I would be grateful, if not I still appreciate the fact ur worried and I totally agree with you and this is what im doing especially for my A2 subjects lol. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    You're taking the exact same courses as me and I am retaking so I can help if need be :cool:
    Hey I'm retaking those exact same topics. Have you started revising for it? I really struggle with glacial ion :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katweena)
    Hey I'm retaking those exact same topics. Have you started revising for it? I really struggle with glacial ion :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I have started I actually find the physical units easier than the human. Physical = remember content spill into the question. Human = learn facts and figures. Answer question with intelligence above own knowledge and facts. Also examiner laughs 'I am asking a 15 marker which should take longer than 15 mins but they only have 15 mins haha haha.'

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I really want to know what might come up tomorrow, what patterns show etc, because the exam is in 24 hours and I am so not prepared and there is too much to do and memorise before then - I need to know the predicted 15 marks particularly, I am doing rivers, coasts, population and health. thank you very much, nay help will be appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow321)
    Hey guys, I really want to know what might come up tomorrow, what patterns show etc, because the exam is in 24 hours and I am so not prepared and there is too much to do and memorise before then - I need to know the predicted 15 marks particularly, I am doing rivers, coasts, population and health. thank you very much, nay help will be appreciated!!
    How did the exam go? I thought i failed for sure last year, it's hard to know whats going to come up, but managed to get a B. I think I probably could have got an A if I put more work in but oh well, happy with it. The grade boundaries are so low I'm sure you'll be fine. Anyway you can always retake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyQ)
    How did the exam go? I thought i failed for sure last year, it's hard to know whats going to come up, but managed to get a B. I think I probably could have got an A if I put more work in but oh well, happy with it. The grade boundaries are so low I'm sure you'll be fine. Anyway you can always retake
    it was quite better than I thought, health was definitely my favourite as well as rivers was fine and expected, coasts was my worst and what annoyewd me the most was that the 15 makrer COULDNT HAVE BEEN EASIER you didn't need case studies or anything, but I didn't revise the processes only headland and bays and the other erosional one and the spit, so I ended up mentoning only the spit drawing as well as the bar and beach but with no explanation hoping for a mark or two LOL. overall it was okay, not an A but hopefully something decent, im aiming for around a B, but with the revision I done, I would be happy with a C too. oh and the population 15 marker made no sense to me whatsoever, I started talking about housing, provision of services, age and wealth looool, thanks for asking xx

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.