Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dazed.)
    Do you have lots of mini ones too? I seem to :/
    YES!!! I didn't want to put them down in case it confused people, but especially with energy there are loads of mini ones, like all of them for non-renewable also the conferences like Copenhagen/Kyoto :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homefind)
    Rivers = Flooding in MEDC + LEDC = Boscaslte and Bangladesh
    Hard Engineering = What they have done in Boscastle
    Soft Engineering = River Quaggy

Coasts = Flooding = Towyn, Wales + Hurricane Katrina
    Coastal Erosion = Holderness
    Hard and Soft Engineering = what they did in holderness (hard) and Wallasea island

Population = Pop + Pop policy = India, china, Mauritius
    Rural - Urban Characteristics = Rusholme, Manchester and South Lakeland.
    Urban/Suburbs/Urban-Rural Fringe/Rural = Preston
    Migration - Poland to UK
    Trans-Migration - Brazil
    Forced Migration - Canary Islands to Spain
    Youthful pop - Iran
    Ageing - UK

Energy = Energy Mix of UK and China
    Azeri Pipeline
    BP Oil Spill
    Falkland Islands
    Russia/Ukraine Gas crisis
    Chernobyl and Three Miles disaster (Nuclear debate)

Haven't learnt energy ones yet

BOOM RECALLED ALL OF THEM

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn, I've got mine as well, need to learn everything now
    (Original post by Dazed.)
    Do you have lots of mini ones too? I seem to :/
    Nope thats overkill.

ReputationRep:
    Guys when i say 27 i included like BP and all those little things like energy mix in uk and how russia have gas and little things like that! Im stuck on the case study for population about trans migration and urban rural areas? They've asked the question for urban- rural areas like twice now.. do you think they will ask again :/

I think they may ask about ageing and youthful pop or what country has used the method to decrease fertility rates or EVEN the malthus and other persons theory that pop is exceeding food supply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeresaLuciaC)
    Guys when i say 27 i included like BP and all those little things like energy mix in uk and how russia have gas and little things like that! Im stuck on the case study for population about trans migration and urban rural areas? They've asked the question for urban- rural areas like twice now.. do you think they will ask again :/

I think they may ask about ageing and youthful pop or what country has used the method to decrease fertility rates or EVEN the malthus and other persons theory that pop is exceeding food supply?
    Ageing population and birth control both came up in June 2012 if I remember my exam correctly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie21)
    Ageing population and birth control both came up in June 2012 if I remember my exam correctly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh okay they will probably ask that in a 6 mark question maybe instead?
    Also for coasts i think they might ask about sand dunes because it hasnt come up before?

ReputationRep:

I'm really struggling with transmigration too! I can't remember whether we studied the USA-Mexico Border? Or Indonesia😰😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping the 15 marker for population is something like, explain how a country has been able to cope with a rapidly increasing population, or something to do with the DTM.

Rivers I'm hoping it will be another compare and contrast how flooding has effected different parts of the world

Coasts something to do with holderness? Soft/Hard strategies or sanddunes

Energy, how important is geopolitics - you would have to use loads of energy case studies in this one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsImran)
    I'm really struggling with transmigration too! I can't remember whether we studied the USA-Mexico Border? Or Indonesia😰😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We did Brazil for transmigration - people moving from the rural areas like Acre and Para to Urban areas near the east coast like Rio and São Paulo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In the population module what part of the spec does the migration stuff come under? I have stuff about Economic migration from Poland to UK and Environmental Migration from Rural Bangladesh to Urban but I cant seem to find where this stuff comes under.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucasluke)
    In the population module what part of the spec does the migration stuff come under? I have stuff about Economic migration from Poland to UK and Environmental Migration from Rural Bangladesh to Urban but I cant seem to find where this stuff comes under.
    Can't seem to find it but I think the spec is very brief, and that's why a couple of things don't seem to be in it but aqa want us to know it, as I am pretty sure it has come up before

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what have people done for this? 'Case studies at national scale of two contrasting approaches to managing energy supply and demand.'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oh okay they will probably ask that in a 6 mark question maybe instead?
    Also for coasts i think they might ask about sand dunes because it hasnt come up before?
    It has come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueray2)
    It has come up
    As a 15 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a 15 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lol: no they would never do a 15 marker on that alone.

ReputationRep:
    Can't seem to find it but I think the spec is very brief, and that's why a couple of things don't seem to be in it but aqa want us to know it, as I am pretty sure it has come up before

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah right, what case studies have you done for migration?

ReputationRep:
    :lol: no they would never do a 15 marker on that alone.
    I know haha, I would laugh so hard if a 15 marker came up on sand dunes, AQA would just be like TROLOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOOOO OL

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucasluke)
    Ah right, what case studies have you done for migration?
    transmigration = brazil
    Poland-UK
    Canary Islands - spain (forced)
    How migration effects urban patterns - Preston

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know haha, I would laugh so hard if a 15 marker came up on sand dunes, AQA would just be like TROLOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOOOO OL

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That reminds me of the aqa twitter account hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    That reminds me of the aqa twitter account hahahaha
    OMG that is an epic account, makes me laugh all the time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anwarpwnsall)
    I guess I'm the Only one doing rivers, coasts, population and energy:') but good luck to everyone!
    Nope, I'm doing energy too and it is a horrendous topic

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.