Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm just back from a 2 hour walk to and from my school as I discovered it's closed because of weather conditions. They are indeed bad here, in Liverpool, I thought I will die before I get home.

How is it in other parts of the UK?

ReputationRep:
    2 hour walk! That sucks, maybe call before going next time? :-)

Not snowing here in London, yet. Supposed to this weekend I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had quite a bit here in Birmingham. Caused the usual trouble, ie schools and colleges closed and traffic/travel problems.

It's meant to be Spring now but Winter wants to cling on for a bit longer

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Chester, so not too far away from you. There is about two inches of snow and my school is closed.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to annoy everyone here as where I live we just have a cold wind. No rain or snow... We haven't had much snow at all. I am on an island on the West coast of Scotland

ReputationRep:
    It was snowing a little last night when walking home, but today I woke up to a full covering. :sigh:

To quote my friend: "March, go home you're drunk!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    2 hour walk! That sucks, maybe call before going next time? :-)

Not snowing here in London, yet. Supposed to this weekend I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There wasn't anything on the school website so I thought it's on.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Lancaster and it's snowing here. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the wind. It's so strong and bitter.

----

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Leeds and school is closed so sleeping in today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    North Devon here- No snow yet. Had a bit up on Exmoor, but that's about it. Just rain and wind.
    Holding out for a bit this weekend, but I don't think its likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishesnchips)
    I'm from Leeds and school is closed so sleeping in today!
    What!? There's barely any snow what-so-ever round Leeds... Especially on the roads!

ReputationRep:
    2 hour walk - No way lol as if...Its really bad over my place. There is soo much and its still snowing. Its sticking alot and the majority to all of schools and colleges are closed !! We have had alot of wind and proper blizzardy snow!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z4in4b)
    2 hour walk - No way lol as if...Its really bad over my place. There is soo much and its still snowing. Its sticking alot and the majority to all of schools and colleges are closed !! We have had alot of wind and proper blizzardy snow!!
    It's 2 hours in total: 1 hour to school and 1 hour back home. It's usual for me if it's not snowing but today it was just terrible, expecially considering wind.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Hampshire and ... Nothing at all, keeps going from rain to sun, like the weathers stuck on loop.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    No snow in Brighton but, oh man, it's cold...!

ReputationRep:
    Ankle-deep snow in my neck of the woods. But I live in the North East of England, so this is T-shirt & shorts weather.

No snow here in glen coe either, but cloudy and freezing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    What!? There's barely any snow what-so-ever round Leeds... Especially on the roads!
    Not in town but my schools in seacroft, so i think its snowing quite heavily up there:L

ReputationRep:
    SNOW

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.