Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I’m looking for a Marine Engineering course that is run part time.

I am in full time employment so looking for a course that I can do to further myself at work. To that end it needs to be part time (day release) or distance learning.
    Just to make things even more awkward, I list in Devon so ideally the course needs to be in the South West.

I’ve found the following options so far:
    BTEC HNC/HND Level 4/5 I’ve found this as part of a higher apprenticeship at Plymouth college. This is looking like the easiest option but is a very generic course.

However, I have also found the spec for a BTEC Level 4 in marine engineering which has some units which would be a lot more suited to me (I’m looking for an electrical/systems bias to the course) however I can’t find anywhere that actually offer the options to choose which units you take despite BTEC offering them!
    Does anybody know if there is a place that will do this either day release or distance learning?

The only other course I have found is a foundation degree in Marine engineering at Southampton Solent uni but again, this is only run full time. Does anybody know if this course is run part time anywhere??

It seems to me that to find a part time course to do as part of my job in marine engineering, an especially with the electrical bias as opposed to naval architecture, is near as impossible to find.
    Can anybody help??

Southampton Solent are also offering a part time BEng top up in Marine engineering & Management which sounds like it would be a good place to end up (after and HND/FdEng).
    There only seems to be very basic info on the Southampton Solent website, has any body found any more detailed info from them? E.g. what units are studied as part of the course? Etc.

Many thanks!!!

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.