Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,
    Unfortunately i failed my first driving test yesterday on 21 march. The examiner took me straight to a dual carriageway and from there took me to a big roundabout with 6 exits. Unfortunately i messed up on the roundabout and its all over. Can some one confirm me when is the earliest i can retake the test. I know i will have to wait for 10 working days. But can some one confirm whether it will be 5 of april or 8 april.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moatanas)
    Hi Everyone,
    Unfortunately i failed my first driving test yesterday on 21 march. The examiner took me straight to a dual carriageway and from there took me to a big roundabout with 6 exits. Unfortunately i messed up on the roundabout and its all over. Can some one confirm me when is the earliest i can retake the test. I know i will have to wait for 10 working days. But can some one confirm whether it will be 5 of april or 8 april.

Thanks
    You will need to re-book I failed 4 times you can re book now but it will be when they have space not a specific date oh and once you've booked have a lesson just before it really helps.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    You will need to re-book I failed 4 times you can re book now but it will be when they have space not a specific date oh and once you've booked have a lesson just before it really helps.

Good luck

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. I will have a lesson before i give my retest. But my question is when is the earliest i can retake the test?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    From the 2nd (thats the 10th working day after your test) onwards, Saturdays are classes as working days for the DSA. I would book it for the 3rd just in case though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traynor1987)
    From the 2nd (thats the 10th working day after your test) onwards, Saturdays are classes as working days for the DSA. I would book it for the 3rd just in case though.
    But 29 of march and 1st april are bank holidays , so they wont count that. this extends the date to 5 of april.. am i right?

ReputationRep:
    Yea just book it for the 5th onwards!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    If you book it online it won't let you pick a date that you're not allowed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)

Good luck
    I think whether or not to have a refresher lesson a few days before a retest depends on the person. First time I failed, only a few minors so my instructor said don't bother with a warm up lesson, just do your warming up on the hour before the test. I ignored his advice, took a refresher lesson a few days before the next test which I drove well in, but on test day I drove a bit crap and failed. Then on my 3rd test 2 weeks later, no warm up lessons, just jumped right back in on test day and passed with 1 minor. I think after that 2 week gap I felt refreshed and glad to be back driving, so I enjoyed the first hour, drove brilliantly and went into my test full of confidence which reflected on my performance.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.