Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm hoping to do history alongside beginners German at Nottingham university. I'm a bit worried that I won't be considered because I don't have any formal qualifications in German as I went to a Welsh school so we did Welsh instead. I'm really interested in learning the language and have started doing so independently and I'm going to Germany to work this summer. Do you think I will be considered and can you give me any tips to show my interest. Thank you

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/...n-history.aspx

I have GCSE's in Spanish and Welsh if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mctruffle)
    Hey, I'm hoping to do history alongside beginners German at Nottingham university. I'm a bit worried that I won't be considered because I don't have any formal qualifications in German as I went to a Welsh school so we did Welsh instead. I'm really interested in learning the language and have started doing so independently and I'm going to Germany to work this summer. Do you think I will be considered and can you give me any tips to show my interest. Thank you

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/...n-history.aspx

I have GCSE's in Spanish and Welsh if that helps.
    Hi there I'm currently doing German A-Level and have applied for German and Russian at Nottingham and got an offer so I might be able to help. For a start it's brilliant that you are going to work in Germany over the summer, a lot of uni's like you to get experience in the country of the language you are learning. Learning some basic language and grammar will be helpful. Perhaps reading a few German novels in translation, such as Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka and penguin do some parallel books where one page is in German and the next page is the English translation. I watched a couple of films- Sophie Scholl: The Last Days and Downfall, which would undoubtedly help with the history side of things. With regards to being qualified it is best to email admissions to double check if it's ok but I think it will be fine. Sorry about the essay but hope this has helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about the essay but hope this has helped
    No, you've been great thanks . The German novels sound really interesting, thanks Yeah, I really enjoyed Sophie Scholl as well as Der Untergang. Funnily enough I never thought about emailing the actual university .
    Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mctruffle)
    No, you've been great thanks . The German novels sound really interesting, thanks Yeah, I really enjoyed Sophie Scholl as well as Der Untergang. Funnily enough I never thought about emailing the actual university .
    Thanks again
    Ahh no problem! Best of luck to you and if you need anything else just pm me

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.