The Student Room Group

How long!?!?

Hey how long does it take to revise a unit 2/4 exam? big units in psychology biology?? as they'r memory subjects would it take a week to learn all content? im self studying btw
and is it the right time/too early to revise for exams in summer? first exam is may 17th i have 12 exams btw
please
Relax, you have plenty of time. I'd suggest starting whenever the Easter holidays officially begin for you; start with maybe a couple of hours a day and then gradually build up. There's no magic number or hard and fast rule as to how long you have to be sufficiently prepared for your exams - it differs completely from person to person. Ensure the revision you are doing is effective and don't be afraid to take a break or have a day off every now and again.

Best of luck. Panicking like this isn't going to help you in the slightest.
Original post by Endless Blue
Relax, you have plenty of time. I'd suggest starting whenever the Easter holidays officially begin for you; start with maybe a couple of hours a day and then gradually build up. There's no magic number or hard and fast rule as to how long you have to be sufficiently prepared for your exams - it differs completely from person to person. Ensure the revision you are doing is effective and don't be afraid to take a break or have a day off every now and again.

Best of luck. Panicking like this isn't going to help you in the slightest.

ok i relax now till easter then revise alot? i have 12 exams btw
3 bio 3 chem 2 psychology 4 maths
Original post by Craming Revision
ok i relax now till easter then revise alot? i have 12 exams btw
3 bio 3 chem 2 psychology 4 maths

You don't seem to have taken on board most of what I wrote in the post. It varies from person to person as to when you should begin. When do you feel comfortable starting? How much is "a lot"? I've got 11 exams, I think, and I don't plan to start until I finish next week. I will be doing between 2 and 4 hours a day, I suspect (and this may be too much).
Original post by Endless Blue
You don't seem to have taken on board most of what I wrote in the post. It varies from person to person as to when you should begin. When do you feel comfortable starting? How much is "a lot"? I've got 11 exams, I think, and I don't plan to start until I finish next week. I will be doing between 2 and 4 hours a day, I suspect (and this may be too much).

cheers man thanks so much and ok i will relax till easter and start revising and getting used to it i still need to make notes ;( which subjects you got 11 exams in?
Original post by Craming Revision
cheers man thanks so much and ok i will relax till easter and start revising and getting used to it i still need to make notes ;( which subjects you got 11 exams in?

Maths, Chemistry, History, Politics and General Studies (2 for each + 3 for Maths IIRC).

Quick Reply

Latest