The Student Room Group

Difficulty of 4 A at AS and 4 A*s at A2

I'm curious... How difficult is it really? What kind of stuff do you have to do?

I'm talking about the following subjects:

English Literature
History
French
Classical Civilisation

Thanks!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
It's easy, Just do nothing and you will be fine :h:
Reply 2
Original post by ArtisticFlair
I'm curious... How difficult is it really? What kind of stuff do you have to do?

English Literature
History
French
Classical Civilisation

Thanks!

imo it would be quite difficult to achieve in 3 very different essay subjects and a language, the only people I know who got 4 A*s had mostly overlapping subjects (maths/f.maths/physics and something else). That's just me though, I'm sure it's possible but you'll have to put in a significant amount of effort into it. Your natural aptitude for these subjects will count for a lot as well.
I think very hard, last year in our college 1 guy out of the 1500 students got 4 A*s (they were all sciences and maths) and probably 5 tops got 3 A*s and an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I believe it's much harder in the arts to get A*s than in the sciences, but some would disagree. Nonetheless, the 4As at AS are quite simple to get relative to the A*s
It depends massively on the person, but 4As at AS is relatively achievable for most people that got mostly As or above at GCSE. 4A*s at A2 however would be incredibly difficult as you basically have to show exceptional knowledge in every single subject area. It's not out of the question but to achieve it you'd need a fair amount of natural talent and luck as well as just hard work.
Original post by Acruzen
I believe it's much harder in the arts to get A*s than in the sciences, but some would disagree. Nonetheless, the 4As at AS are quite simple to get relative to the A*s

Correct.

With essay subjects the marking is subjective so a degree of luck is required for an A*
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by ArtisticFlair

English Literature
History
French
Classical Civilisation

Thanks!

To get A's in English and History make sure you revise early, like from Easter if not already. that's my best bit of advice. Otherwise it gets a bit overwhelming. Subjects like English and History are subjective in year 12 several people who got C/D all year achieved A's in the exam and vice versa. However the grade is less important than the UMS in year 12, every little helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're doing Maths and Sciences, not THAT hard, but with those subjects you'd better have excellent essay-writing skills.

Quick Reply

Latest