Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

First Holiday abroad with boyfriend Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, me and my boyfriend are looking to abroad this year, probably end of august for a week, but don't know where to go. We want to go somewhere relatively cheap with a nice beach and things to do during the day, water sports, water park etc.

We would also like some where to go at night but nothing like Kavos, Magaluf, Ibiza etc, just somewhere with restaurants/bars and maybe a strip but nothing too crazy

I've never been abroad so have literally no idea on where is appropriate, any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight94)
    Hey everyone, me and my boyfriend are looking to abroad this year, probably end of august for a week, but don't know where to go. We want to go somewhere relatively cheap with a nice beach and things to do during the day, water sports, water park etc.

We would also like some where to go at night but nothing like Kavos, Magaluf, Ibiza etc, just somewhere with restaurants/bars and maybe a strip but nothing too crazy

I've never been abroad so have literally no idea on where is appropriate, any help would be appreciated
    I can't recommend Sharm el Sheikh in Egypt enough. We went a couple of years ago for relatively cheap. Plenty to do. If there's nothing on your particular complex, there's always Soho Square or Naama Bay of an evening. Your reps will usually offer plenty of different things you can do during the day. We went scuba diving/snorkelling in the Red Sea and to Cairo for the day. Shop around though; you can generally get activities like this cheaper than what your reps will offer.

ReputationRep:
    What about the Greek island of Kos? It's a typical holiday destination, lots of culture, good beaches, plenty of bars and restuarants... Also, it does have good nightlife, although it's less infamous and wild than places like Malia, Aiya Napa etc.
    I went there a few years back and found there was plenty to do. I jumped on a boat and took a day trip to Turkey and then spent another day island hopping. There is also a water park in Kos, although I didn't go so wouldn't be able to tell you if it's any good.

Also what about Barcelona? Obviously as it's a big city there is plenty of culture and things to see and do. Plus you have the added bonus of the beach!

ReputationRep:
    What about going to Kenya or Tanzania, Bush and beach holiday would work pretty well for your first time holiday together. Zanzibar is well known for Subadiving and Snorkelling. Discover East Africa

ReputationRep:

I know you said nothing like Ibiza, but there is a lot more to Ibiza than clubs, and I think it would be perfect for you. I went there on a family holiday (so obvs not looking at the clubbing side), and stayed in Santa Eulalia (sp?), which is the best place to stay for your sort of thing. There is loads to do there, the buses are really well located and you go all over the island cheap, and the main town (Eivissa I think) is great to look around and have a day/night there. There are lots of nice restaurants/bars in Santa Eulalia and plenty to do.

I know no-one can ever see past Ibiza's clubbing image, but I was really surprised when I went there. I'd love to go back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    I know you said nothing like Ibiza, but there is a lot more to Ibiza than clubs, and I think it would be perfect for you. I went there on a family holiday (so obvs not looking at the clubbing side), and stayed in Santa Eulalia (sp?), which is the best place to stay for your sort of thing. There is loads to do there, the buses are really well located and you go all over the island cheap, and the main town (Eivissa I think) is great to look around and have a day/night there. There are lots of nice restaurants/bars in Santa Eulalia and plenty to do.

I know no-one can ever see past Ibiza's clubbing image, but I was really surprised when I went there. I'd love to go back.
    Thank god! someone on TSR who knows ibizas not just about the clubbing!

ReputationRep:

Any of the canary islands.

ReputationRep:
    sack of your boyfreind, Sam Walker will be in Kavos July 1st! He says be there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    Any of the canary islands.
    shelly im gunna make you smelly

ReputationRep:
    Fuertaventura (canary island) was a good holiday to suit a couple, would also recommend Sharm el Sheikh it is absolutely amazing! If i was going anywhere in Greece as a couple id recommed corfu! Other than that portugal is nice as is lanzarote!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.