Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.
    I'm Sumit from India.I'm planning to apply for automotive/mechanical engineering with International foundation year one in UWE which will later help me getting direct admission in year 2 of my degree.
    First of all would like to know how is the reputation of University of west England,Bristol there.
    I'm interested in mechanical/automobile engineering with automotive design or machine designs course.

As my academics is not good I'm particularly searching Universities offering International foundation year one and larter direct admission in year .

Also how is the life at UWE .Overall crowed people night life girls
    All suggestions are welcomed.
    Thanks in advance .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumitgaikwad19)
    Hello everyone.
    I'm Sumit from India.I'm planning to apply for automotive/mechanical engineering with International foundation year one in UWE which will later help me getting direct admission in year 2 of my degree.
    First of all would like to know how is the reputation of University of west England,Bristol there.
    I'm interested in mechanical/automobile engineering with automotive design or machine designs course.

As my academics is not good I'm particularly searching Universities offering International foundation year one and larter direct admission in year .

Thanks in advance .
    I'm a local to Bristol and the honest answer is UWE is considered at least a seccond rate uni.

They do some good courses that you can't get in many other places but in terms of classic acedemic degrees it's not the best.

If its the course you want to do then don't let it stop you. Just never expect the name UWE to impress people like Bristol, Manchester or the other red brick unis would.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance .
    As for the night life I've never been to the union on the campus but apparently it's very cheap. As for the city of Bristol's nightlife it's pretty good for most ages groups. Big clubs, smaller clubs, loads of bars and restaurants. The area around the centre and waterside is great for a night out... As long as you don't fall in the Avon and drown...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply Jacob .
    the problem is I'm still searching a university providing international foundation year one facility as My academics is not good.

Your have made me worried bro .

After spending lots of money on international education ultimately if I don't get good degree then it'll be of no use .a
    you mentioned "cheap" ? Can u please elaborate more in what terms ??

ReputationRep:
    Any idea about Kaplan college which is located In same campus Because International year one program is offered by Kaplan international college .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any idea about Kaplan college which is located In same campus Because International year one program is offered by Kaplan international college .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Sumit!

I'm Susana, I work for Kaplan International which as you mentioned, runs the International College in partnership with UWE Bristol.

As referred previously, if you're keen to do your degree in a high ranked university there are a few options for you to explore. But we can't really advise you unless you give us more details about your goals, academic level and expectations.

If you'd like, you can submit your contact details and your queries through our website (http://www.kic.org.uk/pathways/) and a Personal Education Planner can advise you on your options for free - as we also have partnerships with other universities in the UK.

Take care and best wishes for your studies!
    Susana

ReputationRep:
    Hello Susana
    Thank you for your reply currently I have received conditional offer letter for international year one programme .My academics is not that good .
    I have few doubts about the course hope you'll help me out .
    First of all what all studies are included in this program .
    I have been told that I'll get guaranteed admission in sec year after this course .
    I'm looking for automotive engineering course .
    What are your suggestions ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sumit!

Nice to hear that you have a conditional offer. The best people to advise you would be our colleagues from our India office, which you've probably already contacted: http://www.kic.org.uk/pathways/about/office/india

In any case, if you wish, you can send us your email address on a private message and I'll make sure your questions are answered accurately.

Take care!
    Susana

ReputationRep:
    I have already posted some questions on the link u had provided ealier.
    Are you from technical department ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also what are the chances of getting job as my I international year one program is of sic months only and I'll be free for next 4-5 months ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I have choose UWE as my firm offer to do Foundation Science .. Is anyone here doing it now? I just want to ask is the timetable is full all the week? or how many days in a week we have to attend?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.