Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus2)
    Hmm, can't really say now. I don't think you can go wrong with a LowePro bag, the one I have I can't fault, at all. It's very well made.

My main worry was the plastic clips for the strap, I don't think they are the strong and if someone fancied your camera bag they could probably putt it from your shoulder quite easily.

I guess I place security quite highly.

Those top loaders are easy access, so you can takeout/put away your camera away quickly but I went with a small backpack in the end.

The NatGeo bag looks nice, well made etc, doesn't look like a camera bag either, probably it's main bonus.

Just for reference, here is what I have: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro-Flip...4830516&sr=8-1
    I see what you mean. I've never really thought about the security aspect (well apart from trying to get something that's quite inconspicuous). I think the reaosn why the NatGeo bag stands out to me is that it doesn't look like a camera bag, and there probably is some space to put other stuff as well so I wouldn't need to carry around 2 bags. So there aren't any negatives of that NatGeo bag? ...I may go for that (if the price doesn't go too high!)

Also, do photographers who use toploaders tend to have two bags with them then? One for the camera and the other as a general rucksack?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StaedtlerNoris)
    Also, do photographers who use toploaders tend to have two bags with them then? One for the camera and the other as a general rucksack?
    Depends what you're doing and where you're photographing. If I was wandering around a city, I'd be perfectly content with just the Toploader. For going on a long walk through the countryside, I'd want to take more gear and things like water, first aid supplies, etc that would require additional bags.

In reality, I just use a larger rucksack one for longer trips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Depends what you're doing and where you're photographing. If I was wandering around a city, I'd be perfectly content with just the Toploader. For going on a long walk through the countryside, I'd want to take more gear and things like water, first aid supplies, etc that would require additional bags.

In reality, I just use a larger rucksack one for longer trips.
    Well I'll be mainly using my camera on holiday, so I'd be wandering around a city. It would be nice to have a slightly larger bag to perhaps hold things like details/water and etc.

What do you think about this bag? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/National-G...item2a2b37fe08 As it seems to cover all my requirements, just a little concerned whether it's large enough and whether it's robust enough.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.