Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Straight women going to gay bars! Watch

ReputationRep:
    This does my head in....well mainly the reasons they give for going. 'oh it is so much more relaxed'...'I can just go out without getting pestered'(instead they just pester everyone else)....'blah blah blah'...the gay blokes don't want you there because they want to pull blokes and you're taking up room. You only go to sound quirky and different, hence why you announce it on facebook.

Not many things irritate me...but this does!

I am not even gay, but the few times I have been in a gay club this has irritated me and the announcements on facebook.

If me and a group of my straight mates turned up at a predominantly lesbian club and just gorped at girls kissing and stuff I would expect to be thrown out or refused entry in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McHumpy92)
    x
    As long as they don't do what Stifler did in American Pie, then all should be fine.
    Some will find it more relaxed and some won't, to each their own I guess.

ReputationRep:
    This does my head in....well mainly the reasons they give for going. 'oh it is so much more relaxed'...'I can just go out without getting pestered'(instead they just pester everyone else)....'blah blah blah'...the gay blokes don't want you there because they want to pull blokes and you're taking up room. You only go to sound quirky and different, hence why you announce it on facebook.

Not many things irritate me...but this does!

I am not even gay, but the few times I have been in a gay club this has irritated me and the announcements on facebook.

If me and a group of my straight mates turned up at a predominantly lesbian club and just gorped at girls kissing and stuff I would expect to be thrown out or refused entry in the first place.
    Up until the point I bolded I was thinking, who the **** cares if they go? But I can see how announcing that you are going to a gay club on facebook is lame.

ReputationRep:
    It is extremely annoying, I agree with you and sympathize as a gay guy.

ReputationRep:
    its cool to be a liberal these days, I don't blame them for wanting to fit in to this new trend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshDragon23)
    It is extremely annoying, I agree with you and sympathize as a gay guy.
    This.

All gay guys I know hate it when straight women are in Gay bars! They're not thinking 'you go, Girl' in a positive liberating way...they're thinking 'you GO! girl' as in piss off.

ReputationRep:
    Gay bars are funny places. I like the ones with unisex toilets. Not a urinal in sight. So much easier to pee when you don't have half a dozen blokes staring at the back of your head waiting for you to move.

ReputationRep:
    This.

All gay guys I know hate it when straight women are in Gay bars! They're not thinking 'you go, Girl' in a positive liberating way...they're thinking 'you GO! girl' as in piss off.
    I made a thread on this a while back and got so many negative responses from women who clearly loved being delusional. But a guy saying the same thing is clearly not a problem...

I wholeheartedly agree though, I think it's pathetic, it's one of the many things women do to emulate Sex and the City, and it's tragic. It's also a great way for lefties to state how politically correct and 'liberal' they are.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see anything wrong when straight people visit gay clubs. Yeah, yeah, kick them out and gay people will be hated more and more...

ReputationRep:
    The majority of my friends are gay. I am straight. Convincing them to go to a straight bar on a night out is nearly impossible. I don't actually like going to gay clubs because I want to go on the pull, as do my gay friends, but because I'm in the minority I either have to go to a gay club/bar or not go out. If I want to spend time with my friends then I will go. Not everyone straight there is because it's 'trendy'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie228)
    I made a thread on this a while back and got so many negative responses from women who clearly loved being delusional. But a guy saying the same thing is clearly not a problem...

I wholeheartedly agree though, I think it's pathetic, it's one of the many things women do to emulate Sex and the City, and it's tragic. It's also a great way for lefties to state how politically correct and 'liberal' they are.
    Totally agree again. They will be in denial about it and rather than try and argue their point they just neg because they know they cannot win the argument. Gay guys will say they don't like them being there but in their heads they still think they are the star of the 'show'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Gay bars are funny places. I like the ones with unisex toilets. Not a urinal in sight. So much easier to pee when you don't have half a dozen blokes staring at the back of your head waiting for you to move.
    The one I used to go to quite a bit was the opposite of that. No unisex toilets, and I swear the urinals in the men's were arranged with the view in mind

This.

My friends were the opposite. They wanted the girls to come along. And they didn't mind me being there either

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I mean, I've only been to gay clubs a few times, and when I've been I've usually had a gay friend with me. And I mainly have gone for like themed nights that they've had, and the music can be better sometimes. Does that mean that I shouldn't go because I'm not gay?
    Me and some girls from work (some lesbians, some not) were having a Lady Gaga night and decided to have the club we ended up in as a gay bar, is there something wrong with that? I don't understand why it's a problem if we keep to ourselves and just have fun.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people even go to bars, get intoxicated, then proceed to awkward dancing.

Am i confusing bars with clubs?

No offence, it just all seems pretentious, trashy, and transient.

If i had a sickle for every girl who wears shameless clothes then complains guys are looking at her in these clubs/bar, i could buy gringots and probably every other shop on diagon alley.

ReputationRep:
    On the face of it it would seem a fairly straight forward equation.

Straight women go to gay bar to avoid attentions of straight men in a more relaxed atmosphere.
    Straight guys get wind of gay bar stocked with straight women and no competition.
    Straight guys head for gay bar to chance arm with previously mentioned women.
    Gay bar no longer a "gay bar".

=

Agitated straight women, disappointed straight men and pissed off, dispossessed gay people.

Everybody loses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DK_Tipp)
    On the face of it it would seem a fairly straight forward equation.

Straight women go to gay bar to avoid attentions of straight men in a more relaxed atmosphere.
    Straight guys get wind of gay bar stocked with straight women and no competition.
    Straight guys head for gay bar to chance arm with previously mentioned women.
    Gay bar no longer a "gay bar".

=

Agitated straight women, disappointed straight men and pissed off, dispossessed gay people.

Everybody loses.
    All because of the straight women!

ReputationRep:
    All because of the straight women!
    Couldn't we blame some of the straight men who go to gay bars in hunt for straight women, already knowing that the straight women are there to avoid the straight men?
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I've only been a couple times. It's weird to get hit on by guys, but I was surprised at the number of straight women. Would go again.

Spoiler:
    Show
    You! I wanna take you to a gay bar!

ReputationRep:
    I go to Pulse all the time and I have a boyfriend. I don't see the issue? I go for the drink and for the fun people. I just see here an excuse for people to complain!

ReputationRep:
    The four people who I go out with most are all gay/bi men so we often go to gay bars because that's where they want to go. I'm not going to not go out because I'm not a gay man. I still get hit on occasionally but it is definitely a nicer atmosphere for a straight women so I can't really blame straight women for wanting to go somewhere where they're not going to be groped.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.