Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Does a height difference matter in a relationship? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    How was it in the sack, any disadvantage ?
    Nope, not at all. Things like that really don't matter when you're horizontal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you for empathizing with me. When the time comes, I have to explain it to my family in detail. It is nice to finally hear people not judge this whole thing like it is done with me usually. I guess I just needed to read this to feel and think the way I know I should.
    I know a couple with an average-height girl and a really short guy, but to cut a long story short I think they're awesome and I have a lot of respect for them. If people have an idea about how much affection there is between you and your boyfriend, and respect that, then they won't judge because they'll see how good you are together. I'm sure your family will see this in time. It can take a long time for parents to accept a long term partner for their child because you're still their little girl, they want the best for you but they can't tell whether you'd be happy with this guy in the long term. When it gets to the point of marriage they should understand that you're really happy, and support you. Best wishes, you sound lovely ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Nope - height difference doesn't matter at all for me. I was in a long distance relationship with a really nice girl from Yorkshire and she was pretty short. It's heart and confidence that really matters the most!

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't date a guy who was shorter than me, but that's because at 5'2, they're hard to find! But I know plenty of couples where the woman is taller than the man, and it really makes no difference in the long run. If people care that much about the height difference in YOUR relationship, tell them to get uninvolved. A relationship consists of two people, not an entire society.

(Original post by Orthonym)
    I know a couple with an average-height girl and a really short guy, but to cut a long story short I think they're awesome and I have a lot of respect for them. If people have an idea about how much affection there is between you and your boyfriend, and respect that, then they won't judge because they'll see how good you are together. I'm sure your family will see this in time. It can take a long time for parents to accept a long term partner for their child because you're still their little girl, they want the best for you but they can't tell whether you'd be happy with this guy in the long term. When it gets to the point of marriage they should understand that you're really happy, and support you. Best wishes, you sound lovely ^_^
    Thanks for the advice Orthonym. I love your TSR username!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.