Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Someone at school opened my letter.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Basically, I had a bit of an arguement with my therapist last week and she sent me a letter and a birthday card just to clear the air a bit.

I see her in school(she doesn't work for the school, but is from an external organisation)

so she sent the letter clearly addressed to me to my sixth form so I could recieve it.

When I was handed the letter from my form tutor, it was ripped open and so someone had read it.

It had some VERY personal things written in there and i'm feel so exposed and paranoid as i'm not sure who opened it.

Before I could say anything to my tutor, she immediatly began justifying herself saying it was already open when she picked it up from the pile this morning.

I feel so upset, betrayed and exposed.I am sooo embarassed because of what the letter said.

WHat should I do to get to the bottom of this?

many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Compain to therapist?
    Tbh, opening letters is bad regardless of content. Might help school to be alerted of such happenings.

ReputationRep:
    Tell the school, but not through your tutor.

ReputationRep:
    Not only is this an invasion of your privacy, its actually illegal.
    You need to tell someone at your school, I'd go straight to your head teacher or a support teacher that you trust. Don't just let this go cause they could be doing it to other people as well.
    Hope it gets sorted for you!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.