Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

im so different to other teenagers Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack the hat)
    Oooooooh get you, you "look deeply and sensitively into everything". How amazing. Cannot think of any other teenagers that do that, let alone watch SHERLOCK for gods sake. You are completely and utterly correct, and so absolutely unique. The rest of us are taking drugs and having sex while watching Jeremy Kyle. Obviously.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this doesn't come off as rude, because it isn't my intention to be, but you sound like 70% of my friends. I see how you feel different and most teenagers go through the 'am I the only one' phase, but you really are not alone by the things that you listed above. In fact, it probably make you a normal, average teenager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meowcat95)
    Oooooooh get you, you "look deeply and sensitively into everything". How amazing. Cannot think of any other teenagers that do that, let alone watch SHERLOCK for gods sake. You are completely and utterly correct, and so absolutely unique. The rest of us are taking drugs and having sex while watching Jeremy Kyle. Obviously.
    no no no, i didnt mean all!!!

ReputationRep:
    I won't agree to disagree, you're wrong, end of story. There are hundreds of thousands of teenagers around the world with hobbies just like yours, I have similar ones myself. You are not unique in that respect. Everybody thinks they're 'different' from the rest of the group, I used to, but at the end of the day it doesn't make you any better than anyone else. Spending the weekend drinking and going to parties is just as valid a lifestyle choice as sitting at home, listening to music and browsing Tumblr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forfrosne)
    I won't agree to disagree, you're wrong, end of story. There are hundreds of thousands of teenagers around the world with hobbies just like yours, I have similar ones myself. You are not unique in that respect. Everybody thinks they're 'different' from the rest of the group, I used to, but at the end of the day it doesn't make you any better than anyone else. Spending the weekend drinking and going to parties is just as valid a lifestyle choice as sitting at home, listening to music and browsing Tumblr.
    thats only your opinion im afraid. if your going to be like that, then id like to welcome you to my ignore button, and, only, because your being like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouiMaSa)
    I hope this doesn't come off as rude, because it isn't my intention to be, but you sound like 70% of my friends. I see how you feel different and most teenagers go through the 'am I the only one' phase, but you really are not alone by the things that you listed above. In fact, it probably make you a normal, average teenager.
    i can see your point, but, i havent run into anyone like me? i dont think im better than anyone btw, its just the fact im a little different.

ReputationRep:
    Jack, for god's sake. You have been on tsr for about a week. Do you have to be so melodramatic with every thread you make?

This is a stereotype of teenagers. We're not all abrasive jerks/*****y sluts that take drugs. Some of us are intelligent, mature, kind and just generally lovely individuals. But we're all walking bags of hormones and a lot of teenagers take it badly, or use drugs/drink as an escape. Don't try and put yourself on a higher plane - it will only annoy people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theywaitalone)
    Jack, for god's sake. You have been on tsr for about a week. Do you have to be so melodramatic with every thread you make?

This is a stereotype of teenagers. We're not all abrasive jerks/*****y sluts that take drugs. Some of us are intelligent, mature, kind and just generally lovely individuals. But we're all walking bags of hormones and a lot of teenagers take it badly, or use drugs/drink as an escape. Don't try and put yourself on a higher plane - it will only annoy people.
    nah, i know not all people are like that. its just im a little different in a few ways thats all.

ReputationRep:
    i can see your point, but, i havent run into anyone like me? i dont think im better than anyone btw, its just the fact im a little different.

I'm not saying that you do think you're better than anyone, but can I ask are you depressed? No offence but that's what it sounds like to me. You're looking into differences too much. Trust me if you came to London you would meet people exactly like you, maybe you're just from an area which doesn't have a very diverse group of young people or you are just seeing what you want to see :/

ReputationRep:
    your trolling possibly?
    *You've
    *You're.

I don't normally correct others so "pettily", but you're just outright being a hypocrite there.

Another thing, I do some of the things you do too! I love analyzing the simplest things, and I sometimes spend hours just watching the sky from my window, stuff like that

But, of course you're different from other teenagers, that's what makes you YOU!
    The stereotypical teenager is no-one by the way, everyone is different in their own way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouiMaSa)
    I'm not saying that you do think you're better than anyone, but can I ask are you depressed? No offence but that's what it sounds like to me. You're looking into differences too much. Trust me if you came to London you would meet people exactly like you, maybe you're just from an area which doesn't have a very diverse group of young people or you are just seeing what you want to see :/
    i dont think so. i just think im different others.

another example, i used to watch happy days and dress up as the fonz, whilst my peers were dressing up as chavs. says it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reneetaylor)
    *You're.

I don't normally correct others so "pettily", but you're just outright being a hypocrite there.

Another thing, I do some of the things you do too! I love analyzing the simplest things, and I sometimes spend hours just watching the sky from my window, stuff like that

But, of course you're different from other teenagers, that's what makes you YOU!
    The stereotypical teenager is no-one by the way, everyone is different in their own way.
    i am going to ignore the majority of your comment as i dont like you for correcting my grammar, when the only reason i did it was to get a troll of my back.

ReputationRep:
    nah, i know not all people are like that. its just im a little different in a few ways thats all.
    So am I, in that I actually like writing english essays and spend my time listening to music, reading up on politics and the like and writing. But it's just as valid a lifestyle as someone who goes and gets wasted after school - just perhaps a lot healthier, and less sociable.

I don't really get the point of this thread. Yes, you're different. It's fine. What's the problem?

ReputationRep:
    thats another point, i like learning, unlike most.

ReputationRep:
    i am going to ignore the majority of your comment as i dont like you for correcting my grammar, when the only reason i did it was to get a troll of my back.
    Lol, you don't like me?

Cool.:rolleyes:

But yeah I agree with the fact that you think you're different, we all are. And I have to admit out of most of the people I've met, you're definitely a little more eccentric ( In the best way possible, honestly).

And I'm sorry for correcting your grammar, I just feel it really unfair when hypocrisy rises it's ugly head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reneetaylor)
    Lol, you don't like me?

Cool.:rolleyes:

But yeah I agree with the fact that you think you're different, we all are. And I have to admit out of most of the people I've met, you're definitely a little more eccentric ( In the best way possible, honestly).

And I'm sorry for correcting your grammar, I just feel it really unfair when hypocrisy rises it's ugly head.
    you missed out a few commas in that post.

sorry, i hate it when hypocrisy rises it's ugly head.

ReputationRep:
    despite the top of my post saying

'despite my online persona'

and

also stating that i was 'mostly nice to people online'

mostly.

Nice try though.
    It's not like you're Jack the ****ing Ripper, y'know.

ReputationRep:
    thats another point, i like learning, unlike most.
    Lol...you.

Humans on a whole, learn something new everyday. Whether it's when they find out their keys are lost, which then provides them the opportunity to put their keys in a better place when they're found. Learning from mistakes.

Infants learn to utter words of significance. "Hi", "Mummy", "Daddy"

A drug addict learns how to insert heroin into his body, finding the right vein etc.

These scenarios are all in favor of learning.

I know what you mean, but I choose to be ignorant as you are. I think you sir...are a troll.

ReputationRep:
    Another classic
    Name:  1319706447.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  64.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    you missed out a few commas in that post.

sorry, i hate it when hypocrisy rises it's ugly head.
    We can totally talk about your lack of apostrophe's in "don't" and what not. I'm literally having a mini seizure at the fact that you don't use upper case for your "I's".

You and me both

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.